“Poor Service - Bad Attitude”

Key West Visitors Center
Toronto, ON
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Poor Service - Bad Attitude”
Reviewed February 20, 2010

I found the Key West Visitors Centre (Big Pine Key) on the drive down to Key West, but was first guided there by the AAA 2010 Florida Guidebook. The staff were rude and unwilling to help. The customer service was poor - no line-up or take-a-number system , even on a busy day - and when it was my turn in line (or so I thought, after waiting 15 minutes) the woman at the desk rolled her eyes, scolded me and then told me that I had to wait my turn. I apologized for stepping out of line at which point I was met with more eye-rolling and unwillingness to help me. In addition, the staff did not seem very knowledgable. The rude woman had never heard of the tour I was referring to (listed in the 2010 version of the AAA guidebook) and another staff member kindly gave me a map as to where she thought I might find the tour, but she was not 100% sure. Overall, I would have had an easier time driving to Key West and finding my way around on my own - and I would not have wasted 30 minutes waiting or been given a scolding. Not very good customer service for a place that is supposed to help people who don't quite know their way around.

2 Thank Christie E