“Average Food, Overpriced”
Review of Big Pine Rooster

Big Pine Rooster
Ranked #2 of 27 Restaurants in Big Pine Key
Description: Dare we say the best Island homestyle food in the Keys? Yes! Great menu, fun staff, very high quality food made fresh daily. Something for everyone including vegetarian options.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had Shrimp Alfredo and Grilled Mahi. Both meals were just average, nothing special. But we felt it was overpriced for what you get and compared to other restaurants in the area.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (387)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had a fantastic breakfast. Waitress was super friendly. The servings were huge. We will definitely be back

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Fabulous service, great food! Fish tacos were delicious, black beans and rice were better than what we ate in Cuba!

Reviewed September 5, 2019

Big Pine Rooster was recommended to us by one of “the locals”, and the food was excellent. I had a salad and my husband had a seafood plate, with Key Lime Pie for dessert. Everything was wonderful. My only complaint was I was “too full”. (We should have shared one piece of pie.). Highly recommend!

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed August 27, 2019

The best meal we had while we were in the Keys! I had Fried Mahi Mahi tacos. It came with three large tacos, two kinds of homemade salsa and Cuban black beans and rice. All were the best I've ever had! I could only eat 2, and took the other taco, and the black beans and rice home for later. My husband had a thick Lobster Reuben with fries. Again, wonderful! The waitress was on top of things, very friendly and attentive. The atmosphere was casual and cosey with clear pine planks walls, tables, built in bench seating with homemade pillows. Behind the bar were three screens, one showing underwater scuba diving on the local reefs (so serene and relaxing to watch!), while another played videos of boating bloopers (hilariously funny!) and I don't even know what the third one was. We were constantly going back and forth between screens 1 & 2.

Date of visit: August 2019