“Lunch in the rain ”

Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed June 13, 2019 via mobile

We popped in here to get out of the rain. We’d previously been for breakfast, but this was lunch. I loved my crepe brûlée french toast and my partner enjoyed his philly cheese sandwich. Good service and good food, although the other Maggie Maes is still our favourite. Little less atmosphere at this one, but still good.

Date of visit: June 2019

Reviewed May 29, 2019 via mobile

Breakfast Been here many times over the years. But every once in a while you get some snotty nose server who wants to tell you the way it is rather than just biting the bullet, garnering the profits, and getting on her merry way in making a customer happy. I Ordered as I have ordered in the past steak eggs cottage cheese tomatoes. I said I would pay the up charge. This woman who was my server insisted that she had to go ask the manager about it. I told her I’d had it several times before she still insisted on seeing the manager. I said you go see the manager I’ll go over to Venus. And Venus by the way I had a similar breakfast no up charge for the sliced tomato or the cottage cheese. The loss of this customer and $500 a year over $2. Totally myopic.

Date of visit: May 2019
Allen E, Owner at Maggie Mae's On The Bluffs, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2019

Dear sir, I apologize that you feel that you have been wronged. MOST restaurants do no not allow customers to come in, make changes to menu items, THEN dictate what price they will pay for those modifications. This is what you attempted to do and I'm sorry that this offends you, but the whole point of having a menu is to be consistent and efficient in the food that we offer...as well as making a (small) profit. Of course we try to be as accommodating as possible, that is why we CLEARLY indicate what substitutions are allowed and the charges for those changes. The server was just doing her job and was simply following the rules. I assure you there is nothing "myopic" about it...if we allowed all customers to make changes and dictate what price they're going to pay for those changes, we would not be able to survive as a business.

Reviewed May 15, 2019

There was a large group of us and we expected a long wait. The meals were served very quickly and we enjoyed our meals. A good place to go!!!!

Reviewed May 13, 2019

Paid $13.00 for a bill of $12.58. Waitress gave back change of 35 cents instead of correct amount of 42 cents change. When she was told that she had shorted me of the correct amount, the waitress tried explaining otherwise. Bottom line, the waitress refused to give me the proper amount of change.

Reviewed May 10, 2019

A group of us were on vacation and came here. Good food good prices and great service. We came twice and each time great.