“A touch of Southern France in Belleair”
Review of Le Bouchon Bistro - CLOSED

Le Bouchon Bistro
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Great meals and wonderful atmosphere, I would call this place a "Zinc" but not enough counter space at the bar.

We are always greeted effusively the owner and feel right at home. He even puts up with my poor French but I am always happy to practice.

The menu has fare that spans the classic French de rigueur plus daily specials. The scallops were excellent and well put together, my Beef Bourgeon was OK but could have been more tender.

The creme brulle was authentic, that is excellent. Creme Brulle should NEVER contain fruit or other foreign substances than the caramelized sugar and the flan base, it should be in a shallow dish and warm! If it is not prepared this way do not call it Creme Brulle call it something else. Le Bouchon has it correct.

My only complaint is that the Pomme Frite (French Fries) absolutely must be fresh potatoes and the potatoes are not fresh. Please changes this. If the owner is reading this please note.

My family and I will be back here for many more meals.

1  Thank Jim F

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I love this place the food is amazing the owners kids are nice the owner is a good person my favorite place in a America love it

1  Thank Girlygirl300
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We must have arrived around closing time because the waiter looked at his watch when we asked where we should be seated but there were no lunch/dinner hours posted anywhere. In any event we ate and left before other patrons who were there before us. I had a delicious roast beef sandwich and a great baguette. I don't usually order roast beef sandwiches but I'm glad I did. The baguette was the best ever. This place has a lot of atmosphere and I wished that we could come back for dinner but we were just passing through to visit some nearby antique shops. The only complaint was the music that was playing appeared to be one gentleman and it kind of droned on.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

We can go back and eat peacefully....they ve got rid of that so called singer that performed there one in a while!!!! My ears are still suffering from that terrible experience !!! We have been there last week and it was so good and peacefull, Chef Christian had a Duck special that night.
We also had the creme brûlée .
Everything was delicious and quiet . We shall be back soon.
Thanks for the complimentary drink from the owner.

2  Thank Royalazize
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I have been to Le Bouchon before, but it seems to me it's getting better...the food is excellent, larger choices, good wine and the staff is always accommodating and smiling...The owner is not only sexy but a good manager...He knows how to treat you with a friendly word or remark, and welcomes you with a complimentary Kir Royal...very nice...
This is a place to go with friends or family. I feel like been in France with all those french songs.
A good place to go when you are in the area...Bravo, le Bistro et Merci...

4  Thank Baronna