“GREAT PLACE TO STAY!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Belleair Beach
Texas
“GREAT PLACE TO STAY!”
Reviewed March 23, 2012

We stayed at this hotel last week for 3 days during our Spring Break. It was myself, husband, daughter (12) and niece (12). This hotel in in a very nice Location. Basically in the misddle of a lot of Mansions which felt very safe and secure. We checked in about 2;30 and room was ready. The owners were very nice and changed our room from upstairs to a room facing the pool which the girls and us really liked. this place is directly on the beach. The beach itself is nice and clean. We really, really liked the fact that this hotel was right on the beach and that was the main reason we stayed here. This side of the beach was not a place where Spring Breakers were (that was in clearwater beach). This was a beach that had older couples and families. Our room was nice and clean. We also had a small kitchen which was clean and very convenient. This hotel is not really close to restaurants or shops but a short drive to them (we had our car so no big deal). I searched many, many hotels on the beach and the prices for these were really high until I found this one.....All in all we got a good deal on this hotel and really enjoyed our stay here. I would reccomend this to all familis.

Room Tip: I think any room here would be good but, if you want to save money on food then get a room with a ki...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
10 Thank Gloria2010
Petika5fam, Owner at Belleair Beach Resort, responded to this review, March 14, 2014

Dear ,

Thank you for being our guest at Belleair Beach Resort Motel, and thank you so much for your revue with Trip Advisor, we will always work on improving our facilities, and the service. We love to serve you again in the feature.

To contact us, please e-mail us (belleair@gte.net), or call us at (1- 800 780 1696) or ( 727 595 1696).
For more information, please visit our website (www.belleairbeachresort.com). Once again, thank you and see you soon.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Spruce Grove, Canada
Reviewed February 25, 2012

Please note that there is confusion on pictures posted on TripAdvisor for Belleair Beach Resort. The main photo for the Resort is actually from Belleair Beach Club which is just north on the beach. Belleair Beach Club is now in a condo sale program and we did not stay there. The pictures from Geoff are correct, the pictures from CarrieLK are incorrect, she stayed at Belleair Beach Club. We spent a week at Belleair Beach Resort as we wanted main floor ocean front with a balcony. My mother is handicapped and loves to watch the setting sun over the ocean and to listen to the sound of waves on the sand. This resort fits that bill very nicely. We paid $158/night for on the suites which was large, allowing for a nice family visit. The range top stove was not used and the fridge is large, but we could not store bottles on the door since all the shelf brackets/guards were gone. The 4 chair kitchen table served us nicely. We could not get a king bed and had to put up with two queens. We found the bed too hard and the pillows not comfortable. The furniture and finishings are getting dated and worn, but we do not have any complaints about cleanliness. Bring your own bar soap, shampoo and conditioner as well as coffee and filters for the coffee machine. This is a no frills place. Wi-fi was not suitable in our room since we were the ocean front south building and the concrete walls stopped service. When you walked around the corner, it worked just fine. One night the service stopped and I had to wait until 10am the next morning for management to show up. Once they rebooted their computer, it worked fine. We did not use the pool but looked ok, with the deep end being 8 feet. The telephone service was not working correctly while we were there. We could dial out, but no one could reach us in the room and there was no way the voice mail could work. Two messages were taped to my door and we know some messages never did reach us.
What we did not know booking this hotel, was there are no restaurants within walking distance of the Resort. You have to drive south to Indian Rocks or north to the hotels or strip mall by Sand Key Park. The beach out front has a steady stream of walkers and you can certainly walk for miles if you want in any direction. Overall, the Resort served us well and was central to where we were going in the Clearwater Beach area. Would we stay there again, no. We would want a hotel that allowed us to walk to the restaurants. Drinking and driving will not be attempted.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank HappycampersCanada
Petika5fam, Owner at Belleair Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 13, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for being our guest at Belleair Beach Resort Motel, and thank you so much for your revue with Trip Advisor. We welcome your comments on how to improve our service. We will always look after your comfort, and work on upgrading our facilities. We are looking forward to serve you again in the feature.

Ontonagon, Michigan
Reviewed February 6, 2012

This was our second trip down to stay there. The last time was 10 years ago and we were very pleased with the accomodations then. Not so much this time! It's run down, dirty and dated. When we walked into our room, we turned around and walked back out. The owner did move us into another room which was a little better. The view was great and access to the beach was wonderful. We will not be returning to the Belleaire Beach Resort next trip down.

Room Tip: Take your time and look for other options.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank RVarecha
Petika5fam, Owner at Belleair Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 2, 2014

Travelers are raving about these Belleair Beach hotels

Niederkassel, Germany
Reviewed September 16, 2011

We've been to the Belleair Beach Resort at 2040 Gulf Blvd. regularly for more than 15 years and do come back twice a year. Sure, the furniture could sometimes be a bit more modern, but the owner and staff take care of any little wish you might have concerning your room.

That being said, we have noticed that a lot of reviews and pictures on this side are of a completely different hotel, probably the Belleair Beach Club a bit further down the road. So, be sure that you book the right hotel if you want to stay at the better one, the Belleair Beach Resort! Please check their website if you are unsure, it's http://www.belleairbeachresort.com.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Horst C

Dear Guest,

Thank you for being our guest at Belleair Beach Resort Motel, and thank you so much for your revue with Trip Advisor. We welcome your comments on how to improve our service. We will always look after your comfort, and work on upgrading our facilities. We love to serve you again in the feature.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed August 9, 2011

This place is a complete dive. It's beautiful location is very deceiving. I went with my two sons, ages 3 and 13. The room was filled with furniture that had to be at least 20 years old, There was a dead roach in the middle of the kitchen floor, Chigger-like bugs all over the place...on the tables, under the comforters, crawling along the corners of where the ceiling and walls meet. I was completely grossed out. My sister came to see me and insisted that I go buy some Home Defense. My kids were really looking forward to this trip. If it werent for them, I would have left. The pool is cloudy, has a gross film all around it along the tile, globs of hair greet you on the walkway as you walk in to the pool area. Clogged filters in the corner of the pool deck, with standing water, green algae included. We ended up staying at my sisters house two of the nights out of three. And the fridge in our room didnt work either, so our food got ruined. I will never, never ever stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Angie P
Petika5fam, Owner at Belleair Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 11, 2014

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed August 3, 2011

We chose this place because we always try to find the smaller, owner-operated Motels that still let you feel like a friend and not a wad of cash/or credit. The view from the 2nd floor gulf-front rooms is Great. Sunsets are right off your balcony. Owner is friendly and helpful. Rooms and grounds are dated and in need of some renovations, but overall it is basically clean and comfortable for those of us that still prefer the good ole days of the "Mom and Pop" owner-operated Motels. Pool is nice and access to Gulf is right on property. Lots of Lounge chairs by pool and along gulf-front. 2 BBQ Grills for outdoor cooks and charcoal was provided when we were there. Not sure why anyone would object to the idea of "no refunds"; why would you expect one? Close enough to restaurants, shopping and Clearwater Beach. Nice place for a day or week at the beach.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank homegram

Dear ,

Lake Hamilton,Fl
Reviewed August 3, 2011

I stayed at this "Beach Resort" three times.

The first time there seemed to be a very bad misunderstanding. I made reservations by phone that was good, then I called back and questioned the non refundable money he mentioned as I didn't touch on it when he told me the first time. Well he was quite rude and made me question my reservations but I had already made reservation minutes before so I was already in the non refundable state and there were no other places available. My grandchildren and I arrived and he was very rude he even made me cry in front of other guests that were checking in. I told him all I want is a place at the beach with grandchildren to have fun. The next day he came to the pool and apoligized even reached to hug me and said he was under alot of stress. I let it go. CAme back the next trip was nice no problems.
I take my grand children to the beach twice a year spring break and the end of summer vacation.
We returned this last March (spring Break) Our stay was meant to be 6 days all was well 4th day that night the children and I had been on the beach all day we came in showered ate and we had a friends child for the night and all three children 4,6,8 were in the bed watching Nickalodean. I laid in the other bed and fell asleep never heard anything else we all fell sound asleep 2 am I woke and shut the tv off. The next day this lady very mean stopped by my door and said "you kept us up all night the children screaming went on and on " I apoligized. Then the owner came over and said I was making too much noise all night and the children were screaming and playing all night and I tried to explain that fell asleep with the TV on he started shaking and saliva expelling from his mouth...the children were sound asleep and so was I it was a mistake to leave the TV on and yes Nickalodean can get load I guess with all the children stuff on it IT WAS AN ACCIDENT.He said the tv should be off by 10pm and said my children were bad etc...I had so many compliments from guests that came to me to tell me how well behaved they were and what great manners they had How did I do it they said..even down to how well they fished at their age.
He told me at 6pm to get out he became enraged horrible scared me scared my grandchildren. I had met some people there that moved to floridatheir familes all stayed there from TX they couldn't believ the way this man was behaving. I packed my stuff and my husband came over and helped me leave in the middle of the night with my little grandchildren. THIS MAN HAS AN ANGER PROBLEM !!! It was terrbible.
He called my husband a few times the next day apoligizing even offered free days for me to come back.He complimented the way I left the room......Be careful !!! I will never return there I gave three good tries. Even though the location is great!!! The facilities are not fancy(It's the Beacsh) the cleaning people were very nice. I tipped them and they were very nice.
There were some things I could have complained about(Beds old and dirty..kids banging upstairs etc) (Pillows yicky -brought my own brought my shampoo and soap) but didn't kept to myself and my grandchildren kept to themselves we were not High Maintenance at all.
He gave me one night refund and did not give the other night.He told me to call the Police it was the wierdest thing. He was very aggressive towards me. I am fighting it with the banks he wrote a statement to his bank that I recieved and was very untruthful. Very dissappointed..........I am returning to a place I used to stay at in Indian Rocks Beach where the people are very very very nice it is hard to get in there thats why I started going to the Bellaire Beach Resort I am just going to make reservation sooner to make sure I get in......
To top it all off the people that complained to begin with were very very strange people and he should have moved them if they weren't happy there. We really were not loud and disrespectful I am very careful to make sure my grandchildren are considerate and polite.
BEWARE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My Email add: dpearso3@tampabay.rr.com

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank RedJubilee
Petika5fam, Owner at Belleair Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 26, 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for being our guest at Belleair Beach Resort Motel, and thank you so much for your revue with Trip AdVisor. We welcome your comments on how to improve our service, and your comfort. We will always work on upgrading our facilities, and the service. We love to serve you again in the feature.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Belleair Beach
Clearwater Beach Marriott Suites on Sand Key
Opal Sands Resort
Opal Sands Resort
#4 of 98 in Clearwater

Been to Belleair Beach Resort? Share your experiences!