“Unacceptable Unbelievable Irreversable Behavior by Owner”

Belleair Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Belleair Beach
Reviewed August 3, 2011

I stayed at this "Beach Resort" three times.

The first time there seemed to be a very bad misunderstanding. I made reservations by phone that was good, then I called back and questioned the non refundable money he mentioned as I didn't touch on it when he told me the first time. Well he was quite rude and made me question my reservations but I had already made reservation minutes before so I was already in the non refundable state and there were no other places available. My grandchildren and I arrived and he was very rude he even made me cry in front of other guests that were checking in. I told him all I want is a place at the beach with grandchildren to have fun. The next day he came to the pool and apoligized even reached to hug me and said he was under alot of stress. I let it go. CAme back the next trip was nice no problems.
I take my grand children to the beach twice a year spring break and the end of summer vacation.
We returned this last March (spring Break) Our stay was meant to be 6 days all was well 4th day that night the children and I had been on the beach all day we came in showered ate and we had a friends child for the night and all three children 4,6,8 were in the bed watching Nickalodean. I laid in the other bed and fell asleep never heard anything else we all fell sound asleep 2 am I woke and shut the tv off. The next day this lady very mean stopped by my door and said "you kept us up all night the children screaming went on and on " I apoligized. Then the owner came over and said I was making too much noise all night and the children were screaming and playing all night and I tried to explain that fell asleep with the TV on he started shaking and saliva expelling from his mouth...the children were sound asleep and so was I it was a mistake to leave the TV on and yes Nickalodean can get load I guess with all the children stuff on it IT WAS AN ACCIDENT.He said the tv should be off by 10pm and said my children were bad etc...I had so many compliments from guests that came to me to tell me how well behaved they were and what great manners they had How did I do it they said..even down to how well they fished at their age.
He told me at 6pm to get out he became enraged horrible scared me scared my grandchildren. I had met some people there that moved to floridatheir familes all stayed there from TX they couldn't believ the way this man was behaving. I packed my stuff and my husband came over and helped me leave in the middle of the night with my little grandchildren. THIS MAN HAS AN ANGER PROBLEM !!! It was terrbible.
He called my husband a few times the next day apoligizing even offered free days for me to come back.He complimented the way I left the room......Be careful !!! I will never return there I gave three good tries. Even though the location is great!!! The facilities are not fancy(It's the Beacsh) the cleaning people were very nice. I tipped them and they were very nice.
There were some things I could have complained about(Beds old and dirty..kids banging upstairs etc) (Pillows yicky -brought my own brought my shampoo and soap) but didn't kept to myself and my grandchildren kept to themselves we were not High Maintenance at all.
He gave me one night refund and did not give the other night.He told me to call the Police it was the wierdest thing. He was very aggressive towards me. I am fighting it with the banks he wrote a statement to his bank that I recieved and was very untruthful. Very dissappointed..........I am returning to a place I used to stay at in Indian Rocks Beach where the people are very very very nice it is hard to get in there thats why I started going to the Bellaire Beach Resort I am just going to make reservation sooner to make sure I get in......
To top it all off the people that complained to begin with were very very strange people and he should have moved them if they weren't happy there. We really were not loud and disrespectful I am very careful to make sure my grandchildren are considerate and polite.
BEWARE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My Email add: dpearso3@tampabay.rr.com

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank RedJubilee
Petika5fam, Owner at Belleair Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for being our guest at Belleair Beach Resort Motel, and thank you so much for your revue with Trip AdVisor. We welcome your comments on how to improve our service, and your comfort. We will always work on upgrading our facilities, and the service. We love to serve you again in the feature.

There are newer reviews for Belleair Beach Resort

Reviewed April 19, 2011

Good location on beach, older motel, rooms were ok. Lots of families and kids. Requires prepayment and owners will not refund any money if you shorten stay.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank superiorshores
Petika5fam, Owner at Belleair Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for being our guest at Belleair Beach Resort Motel, and thank you so much for your revue with Trip Advisor. We welcome your comments on how to improve our service. We will always look after your comfort, and work on upgrading our facilities. We are looking forward to serve you again in the feature.

Reviewed March 15, 2011

I really dont understand the negative remarks, unless the other guests felt like they found a treasure and wanted to keep the secret to themselves. This home away from home was delightful. Everyone my family or I came in contact with was pleasant. My room was clean, comfortable, and good size. If I wanted to complain about anything, it would be the fact that I couldnt stay longer...

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank bappleton
Petika5fam, Owner at Belleair Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2014

Reviewed October 23, 2010

I should have known by the sign behind the front desk - "No refunds for leaving early." After 2 nights of a planned 4, we sacrificed our money and went elsewhere. The sand fleas coming from the bathroom sink were in the hundreds, and when I complained, they claimed to have no idea what the bugs were - they didn't offer to investigate, just said their maid was gone for the day so we'd have to wait until the next day. The pull-out couch was the worst mattress I've ever seen. My kids had no choice but to sleep on it as there was no way I would allow them on the floor. The dust and mold set off my daughter's asthma - not one good thing to say. Just avoid it.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank denvergirl19

Reviewed June 14, 2010

Our trip was much nicer than most after reading some of the reviews. It is an older place, however, we found it to be clean and comfortable. Everything worked great, and we used the full kitchen and loved not having to eat out for every meal. There were a lot of noisy inconsiderate people with about twenty untamed noisy kids occupying the pool most of the weekend we were there . We did sneak into the pool for a few moments there was not a gaggle of them running, throwing stuff and generally making the pool area their own personnel playground.

The suites are just large efficiencies, sleep up to six. The kitchen was fine. full size fridge, microwave, oven, stove etc...Towels are a bit skimpy so my advice is to bring your own.

Belleair Beach is mostly a private beach so if you like the beach other than the folks staying at this hotel there was no one up and down the beach. We saw dolphins every morning and we think we saw manatees. We definitely saw many stingrays as it is the time of year for them so do the stingray shuffle and you will be fine. My daughter was stung? after about ten minutes of being down in the water. Warm water and regular soap is the only remedy I have learned about an hour of soaking then a little triple antibiotic ointment and she was good to go. Many people were stung, struck whatever you'd say but it was no biggie.

This is a nice older hotel and for the area is affordable. Not luxury, but nice.

Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank Geoff1725
Petika5fam, Owner at Belleair Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Dear ,

Thank you for being our guest at Belleair Beach Resort Motel, and thank you so much for your revue with Trip Advisor, we will always work on improving our facilities, and the service. We love to serve you again in the feature.

To contact us, please e-mail us (belleair@gte.net), or call us at (1- 800 780 1696) or ( 727 595 1696).
For more information, please visit our website (www.belleairbeachresort.com). Once again, thank you and see you soon.

Reviewed June 9, 2010

For $130 a night we got a room with that was supposed to have a kitchen in it. We get here and try to use the stove after buying a weeks worth of food and the oven doesnt work. I try to go out on to the balcony to see the ocean from my room as promised and the door wont open. I go to the bathroom and after flushing the toilet i notice water pooling around the toilet. I go down to talk to the manager about fixing it and he gets irrate with me about getting it fixed. On top of that they have a no refund policy . It is easy to see why now. In short this is the worst motel I have ever stayed at. I would not recomend this place to my worst enemy. Take your $130 a night and go somewhere nice.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed November 3, 2009

Comparing this to a resort is like comparing McDonalds to Ruth Chris Steakhouse. First the plus. It is on the water, we just walked out of our room, a deluxe suite(sure) and we were in the Gulf. The room decor was directly out of a second store. As for amminities, we did have bath soap. NO in room coffee,tea or popcorn. No body lotion or shampoo. Pool towels were a joke. The office was open from 10;00 AM-5;00 PM. Staff ONE person. We did have free internet but not much more. They must have had a bunch of people leave after their first night. Why else would they charge you up front for your stay.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business

Sheraton Sand Key Resort
Sheraton Sand Key Resort
#14 of 98 in Clearwater
Clearwater Beach Marriott Suites on Sand Key

Been to Belleair Beach Resort? Share your experiences!