“Another visit, another great meal!!!!!!!”
Review of Pico de Gallo - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Pico de Gallo
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Went back to Pico with some friends who live in North Florida and had never been to Bell.
They love Mexican food and wanted to try it after I told them about my previous visit, it is not that long a drive from Lake City and gave us a chance to catch up on the ride.
By the time we got there we were hungry and ordered a medley of items--Chiles poblano and chile releno (which they will batter and deep fry on reqest) ,quesidilla, chicken burrito, soft beef tacos, chicken chimichanga,, a side of guacamole, chalupa, and of course rice and refried beans. The comp chips and salsa went fast, and the very pleasant waitress Alex, who was MIA on our first visit, was right there with refills. Our beverage glasses never got empty either. There were quite a few diners present, so we got to talk some more while waiting for the food. The slight wait was worth it, it was so good. Everything had its own taste and flavor, this is not an everything tastes bland and the same kind of place. The stuffed peppers were especially tasty, got a nice flavor from the flesh of the pepper and the sauce was beyond fine!! Everything was delicious. All the food came hot and freshly prepared, my friends were extremely pleased. Despite the busyness of the hour, Alex returned repeatedly to check on our progress and make sure everything was ok.
Glad I got to go back so soon and hope I get in the area quickly so i can enjoy some more of their wonderful service and food.

5  Thank rnbfrancis1
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We have eaten at "Pico's" three times now and each time it's better. The old Capt. Hugh's is now an up-scale Mexican restaurant with good food. The last visit I ordered a NY strip steak ($9.95) that was excellent. The flavor was suburb with sauteed onions and green/red peppers; they've got a chef in the kitchen! Only disappointments so far: yucky guacamole, bland taco salads and small portioned (though tasty) side dishes.

Now here's the rub: when the bill comes check it closely! All three bills we've had came in wrong - in the house's favor. My steak, for instance, came in at $12.95, 30% over the menu price of $9.95. Another time my $5.95 taco salad came in at $7.95. Each time they've corrected the prices politely, but was it a "mistake"?

3  Thank Bryan H
Reviewed February 28, 2013

A friend suggested that the next time I went north on 19 to swing over to Bell and try Pico de Gallo. Being a huge fan of Rosita's in Homestead, I really like Mexican vs Tex-Mex. I figured Mexican in a small north Fla town would be kind of plain, but hombre, was I surprised!
It is located just south of Akins BarBQue and was quite a surprise. Nicely decorated and very clean, Fausto greeted us and brought us menus, the waitress was out that day. Very nice selection of Mexican dishes, tasty salsa and fresh chips. We ordered our meals and when they came, were literally astounded by the fantastic flavors and level of spiceness. I do not mean spicy as in hot, I am referring to tastiness vs blandness pumped up with hot pepper. That is not the case here, although if you want more heat they can bring it to the table. Everything had a different taste, even the sauces! Excellent!
We had burritos, cheese enchaladas, chile poblano, chile relleno, and a chicken taco.
i will say nothing more than I cannot wait to go back, it is a little out of the way on my north/south trips, but well worth the detour. Google Bell Florida and do a mapquest, if you like Mexican food, it is well worth your while.

10  Thank rnbfrancis1