“Great small boutique hotel”
Review of Daddy O Hotel

Daddy O Hotel
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We found Daddy O to be a great small boutique hotel. It is an older facility that has been well renovated. Our king bed was comfortable. The rooms are on the smaller side and there is seating in one easy chair and a desk chair. It has a small room refrig. if you want to chill your own water bottles and the safe is very convenient. The shower was quirky - half of a glass door with the rest of the shower open to the room. It made for a cool shower. I think I'd prefer the glass sliding door found in most hotels. The bathroom is small with little storage space. We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. The continental breakfast was fine - cereal, muffins, fruit, yogurt, etc. The coffee machine off the lobby was a great treat - Starbucks quality coffee for free all day long. Thre are many foreighners staying here providng an interesting experience when visiting with them. The front porch has comfortabl seating and was nice for an evening cocktail with other travelers and watching the upscale cars being valeted at the Palm next door.

This is a great location. It is a few blocks from the beach and the crowded area around the beach condos, shops, restaurants, etc. The mall is only a block away and is very upscale. We'd stay here again if we should return to Miami.

Room Tip: There isn't an elevator, so be prepared to climb a few stairs. It isn't overally exerting o...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
DaddyOMiami, General Manager at Daddy O Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Well we certainly hope you do come back soon. Thank you so much for the great comments, we really appreciate it.

Daddy O Staff

There are newer reviews for Daddy O Hotel

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Enjoyed our recent stay although only a short one and would definately go back. Good location. Hotel staff were very nice and always helpful especially the Receptionist. Complimentary Breakfast nice too. I understand that other Travellers have commented on the state of the carpets in the hallways which i agree could do with a clean, but our room and bathroom were very very clean and we had a huge shower, so no complaints there.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

We are so happy you've enjoyed your stay with us. Please come back for longer next time, and we'll work on those carpets for you all.

Daddy O Team

Reviewed May 28, 2013

The Daddy-O Hotel is in a good location just a few blocks from the beach, the tonier-than-thou Bal Harbour Shops and the restaurants along Harding Avenue. The hotel's staff is friendly and accomodating. That said, there are a few problems with this hotel. First, they really need to shampoo the carpets in the hallways and guest rooms. Second, they need to do something about parking. They charge $12/night for parking. However, there are only about ten parking spots at the side of the hotel. Otherwise, you have to park at meters that require feeding from 8 am until early evening. A few evenings we came back to the hotel and no spots were available on the side lot. And this is the off season. I would park the car at a meter and check at 8:00 am to see if a spot opened up on the side lot. One morning, no spots were available and despite assurances that guest meters would be fed, as of 8:00 am they were not and I had to feed the meter until a spot opened later in the morning. Parking should not be the issue that it is at this hotel. Third, the air conditioners in the rooms are noisy. Finally, the continental breakfast is perfectly nice. The bagels are fresh. There are juices, bread, yogurt, bananas, coffee and pastries. However, there are very few places to sit. There is one long table that seats 8. Otherwise, guests have to sit on sofas or lounge chairs and use coffee tables or side tables. Space for breakfast is a definite problem. Next time, I will explore other options when staying in the Bal Harbour area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
DaddyOMiami, General Manager at Daddy O Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2013

Thank you very much for the review. We are sorry to hear that your stay with us was anything less than spectacular. Just for your consideration, we are aware that some of our carpets are worn. We are taking measures to replace our carpeting. As you can imagine, high traffic takes its toll on carpet appearance. And as for parking, we can always valet cars for our guests at no additional charge and meters should be feed hourly- though not always at the exact time. Thank you for bringing all of these issues to our attention and we hope you will not discard us completely from your future travel plans.

Daddy O Hotel Staff

Reviewed May 27, 2013

The hotel was convenient to all that we needed for the wedding and a close walk to the beach. There is only one size room and only a queen bed so traveling with kids here would be out. The staff was friendly and helpful and the cost was reasonable as we booked a block of rooms. There was no microwave or fridge so it was a bit inconvenient. Also need to know, there is not an elevator to both floors so if you need one, stay on the first floor. It is a quaint, small hotel, served it purpose, has a small continental breakfast, but I was never told of the $12 parking fee. I did not see a pool and the Palm restaurant was never open when we were there.

Room Tip: I was never told of the $12 parking fee. I did not see a pool and the Palm restaurant was never ope...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
DaddyOMiami, General Manager at Daddy O Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Thank you for the kind review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We are a boutique hotel, and have limited amenities, but as you noted we are pleased to help our guest with everything we can. We are trying to better ourselves all the time. We hope you come to see us again.

Daddy O Hotel Team

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Loved our recent stay here. Small hotel in a great neighborhood, away from the hub bub and pretension SoBe. The staff is pleasant & accommodating. Rooms are clean & comfortable and sitting on the front porch is a sure way to meet some fellow travelers. We'll be back Daddy O, you sure know how to make a person feel at home.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much! Making our guest feel at home is definitely our goal. We are so delighted that you've enjoyed your stay with us and we'll see you next time!

Warm Regards,
Daddy O Hotel Staff

Reviewed May 22, 2013

We love this place! There is nothing I would change about this hotel, the second time we have been there and there will definitely be a 3rd and more. The staff is exceptional, always welcoming, helpful and the most important they make you feel comfortable and at home. The rooms are so tastefully appointed, warm and very well stocked. The bed unusually comfortable and the most comfortable pillows I have ever slept on. Great location, close to restaurants and beach. The nightlife of South Beach only 15 mins away. I LOVE this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013
DaddyOMiami, General Manager at Daddy O Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

And we love you!!! Thank you so much for this great review. Its exactly what we want to convey to every guest. See you on your next trip!

With warm regards,
Daddy O Hotel Team

Reviewed May 15, 2013

The hotel is nice but very small. The staff is nice, HOWEVER, the website says parking is $8.00. When we got there our option was to pay $12.00 or park at a meter and feed it or get a ticket. We paid $12.00. That was March 3rd. Last week I got a citation from Miami/Dade for a parking violation for $45.00 and another charge from Fox Car Rental for $40.00 for a parking violation. This is exactly why I paid to have my vehicle parked. When I called and spoke to the GM, Lisa, she was curt and dismissed me because she said we already discussed this when I took the ticket in. I never spoke about it because I had just found out about it. Apparently I am not the only guest to pay cash for parking and get ripped off. Once Lisa realized I was a different guest she argued that I could not have gotten a ticket from Miami/Dade, I was holding it in front of me and again she was wrong. Now she requested her assistant handle the matter after I sent her the 2 tickets. They refuse to do anything about it because I did not charge the parking, I paid cash that apparently wasn't recorded. Parking at the Daddy O cost me $97.00 plus a tip. That's parking from 11pm to 11am. I advise you stay at a nicer hotel on the beach for $250.00 than pay $189.00 plus tax for their small room and $100.00 for parking. Lisa needs to improve her customer relation skills.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ddd2910
DaddyOMiami, Manager at Daddy O Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Thank you for posting a review of the Daddy O Hotel on tripadvisor. We value every guest review and use all reviews as a tool for praising our associates and/or improving the overall guest experience. To clear up any guest confusion as to how much we charge for parking, prior to February 11, 2013, the parking charge was $8 we have since increased the parking charge to $12 per night. Daddy O Hotel parking policy and procedures: Daddy O parking passes are for guests that pay $12.00 per car, per day for parking. Should you select the non-parking fee option, you must park at a city parking meter behind the hotel. City meters are enforced 7 days a week from 8am -6pm, at a cost of $1.00 per 1 hour. The hotel is not responsible for any parking citations. As a courtesy to some guests and on a guest by guest basis we do pay for parking tickets that we will we were responsible for. In your case we did not feel responsible for your parking ticket based on the fact that you choose to self-park on a city parking meter, you were not charged for parking and no hotel parking pass was issued to you. Our valet parked and retrieved your vehicle as a courtesy to our guest since you did not paid for parking. We would like to offer our sincere apologies for the city issuing you a parking citation while staying at the Daddy O Hotel and hope that you will return to our establishment.
Best Regards,

Sea View Hotel
Sea View Hotel
#3 of 5 in Bal Harbour
The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort

Been to Daddy O Hotel? Share your experiences!