Daddy O Hotel
Grand Beach Hotel Bay Harbor(Bay Harbor Islands)(Great Value!)
$139
$130
Agoda.com
Tryp by Wyndham Miami Bay Harbor(Bay Harbor Islands)(Great Value!)
$129
Orbitz.com
$210
$197
Orbitz.com
$714
$689
  • Beachfront
Sea View Hotel(Bal Harbour)
$197
$185
$149
$145
Priceline
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $169/night.

$249
$243
Priceline
$144
$122
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Bal Harbour Quarzo(Bal Harbour)
$224
$199
$700
1,124 results
All reviewsbal harborhaulover beachcontinental breakfastboutique hotelsmall hotelyogurtcoffee machinequiet neighborhoodthin wallswithin walking distancefirst floorparking feemiami areabeach towelssouth floridaminute drivesurfside
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We were invited to a wedding at the St. Regis Hotel in Bal Harbor, Florida, where the rooms, even with the wedding discount, ran $550 a night. To her credit, my wife instead chose the Daddy O for our hotel, where it was about half that per night and only 6/10ths of a mile from the St. Regis (which I must add appeared to be a superb hotel, especially for a wedding).

Daddy O is a small hotel, only two floors, and in that we took a cab to and from the airport, we needed no car. Our family (myself, wife and daughter) did just fine in one room. We all loved the super-coffee machine that served up everything from hot water to machianos and lattes on demand, at no additional expense. The continental breakfasts were a great deal, also included -- and allowed us to enjoy a long conversation with another couple staying there. During our talk, we mentioned the two states that legalized marijuana in the November elections. We remembered Colorado but while guessing on the other, we got some help from the front desk attendant -- Washington State. Until now, I'd never known a hotel employee to double as Factcheck.org -- and thanked her for it. On our departure, she also ordered up a taxicab that cost considerably less than the cab we rode in on. (One other surprising aspect of this hotel, though we didn't avail ourselves of the service: It offers free international calls.) The only possible criticism I have is that the walls were thin and you could hear conversations in the hallway and adjoining rooms. This wasn't much more than a minor annoyance.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room on the second floor at the far end of the hallway, where you are most likely to get the least noise. If you are planning on quarreling with your room partner, do so in the bathroom after you've turned up the shower full blast.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
DaddyOMiami, General Manager at Daddy O Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Thank You for your kind review of the Daddy O Hotel, we are very pleased to hear that your stay with us was a pleasant experience. Always nice to have guest stay for a fun event such as the wedding you described. We appreciate your feedback, it’s how we as a staff evaluate the service we provide. We do hope you will think of us for any future lodging needs you may have and we look forward to seeing you again.

Regards,
Daddy O Hotel Staff

Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here as we cannot afford $600 per night in downtown South Beach. Location is great. We get to South Beach by car in about 15 minutes. The hotel staffs are nice, helpful and informative. The room size is adequate. No bath tub in our room. We had a king bed, flat screen tv and basic bathroom. More importantly, the room was CLEAN.
We recently stayed in a Sheraton on downtown Dallas who proclaims itself as 4 star yet this place is waaaayyyyy better in every way possible. I recommend this place.
Note that the rooms aren't sound proofed. If you are sensitive to noise, this may not be the place for you.

• Stayed: February 2013

Thank You for your warm review of our hotel, we always appreciate getting feedback from our patrons. We were very pleased to hear that your experience with us was a pleasant one.
It’s through reviews like yours that we as a staff identify areas in which we excel and areas for improvement. We do hope you will remember us for any future travel needs

Best Regards,
Daddy O Staff

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Fantastic boutique hotel in a perfectly quiet upscale neighborhood. Found in Tripadvisor, as usual... Stayed twice in different rooms, I would strongly suggest you ask for the rooms in the upper floor, since they are much quieter. There are many AC units outside the windows of the left wing that can be a little bit annoying. Other than that, it´s a great place, very reasonably priced, perfect location, breakfast included. Would definitely stay again...

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
DaddyOMiami, General Manager at Daddy O Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Thank you for posting a great review of the Daddy O Hotel on tripadvisor. The Daddy O Hotel staff is always happy to read reviews like yours. We are also happy to read that we were able to accommodate you on both of your stays. Thank you for your kind review and we hope to have you stay with us again soon.
Best Regards,
Daddy O Hotel Team

Reviewed February 6, 2013

I really hate to give this place one star because it is one of the most adorable boutique hotels that I've visited in the States.

I spent two nights here because my house was being fumigated for termites. It offers free breakfast, tea and coffee, $8 a day parking, adorable decor, beautiful bathrooms, comfortable beds and they're pet friendly, even to my two kitties. However, pillows are very cheap and a foot thick. They're not down or feather, and your neck suffers in the morning. Major drawback and only reason that I can't recommend this place to anyone is the noise. I have stayed in rowdy South Beach hotels back in the day, and the noise at those don't come close to comparing to the noise here. There are no loud partiers here, yet the noise is unbearable. Really unbearable. The windows aren't even single pane; they are less than that. You can hear everything outside as if it's happening in your room. The walls are paper thin and the doors that connect the rooms are less than paper thin. I heard complete conversations as if I was part of them, toilets flushing, water running and TVs. You can also hear every footstep above. Every one. The floors make loud creaky sounds. No irons in the rooms. All booking websites say that they have rooms with two beds, but all rooms have only one king sized bed. If you have more than two people in your party, someone is sleeping on the floor. I'm a local, so I didn't care about the location. If i was a tourist, I wouldn't have been happy to be in Bay Harbor Islands as that's not what out-of-towners want from a Miami visit.

They need to remove the thin particle board connecting and front doors and splurge for thick metal doors like at every other hotel on this planet.

Hands down, the noisiest hotel that I've ever stayed in and not because of the people here, but because of the thin walls and doors. Thank God that this isn't a party hotel because I can't even imagine it being any worse. I only didn't leave because it was prepaid on the internet.

I paid $150 a night.

**Listening to two Russians talk for HOURS upon HOURS in the room next to mine is like listening to someone beating on a drum. It's a terrible staccato sound similar to a Cuban's version of Spanish.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank G N
Reviewed February 3, 2013

The hotel has really good amenities like 24h tea, coffee and water in a public lounge area. Room is equipped with a "Keurig" coffeemaker and a little fridge. Daddy O has a really cozy atmosphere because it is a boutique hotel. Location was perfect for us and really calm, kept the window open the whole night. (a 15 min drive from busy south beach). Great and helpful staff at all time. Will definitely come again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
DaddyOMiami, General Manager at Daddy O Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Thank you for the wonderful review of the Daddy O Hotel posted on tripadvisor. The Daddy O is proud to make your stay all the more delightful and hope that you will be back soon.
Daddy O Staff