“The Palm of Bay Harbor Islabd FL..”
Review of The Palm Miami

The Palm Miami
Reserve with OpenTable
The Palm Miami is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Broad Causway & East Bay Harbor Drive
Description: Palm Restaurant...The Classic American Steak House is renowned for its USDA prime aged steaks, jumbo Nova Scotia lobsters, Italian dishes, the freshest of seafood, warm smiles, outstanding service & an atmosphere like nowhere else. What makes Palm Restaurant truly unique is our genuine old world hospitality & an atmosphere you just can’t find anywhere else. At The Palm… our dining rooms are a panorama of the classic cartoons & caricatures of Palm Restaurant regulars & local celebrities. Each room is filled with the hearty handshakes & warms smiles from our gregarious staff & familiar guests & always abuzz with a sea of conversation & laughter celebrating the best of everything. Ask Palm Restaurant about joining The 837 Club, and enjoy the perks and rewards of good taste, great food, and Palm Restaurant experience.
Reviewed August 31, 2011

The Palm is part of a small chain..mostly housed in NYC and Las Vagas..But the one in Miami is a jewel pack into The Northern Miami area..It's a 96th Street right of Kane Concourse. (96th street)Can't miss it..It's not cheap, but you can share. Old time waiter and waitress..Peter and Bob our at the front door..and will seat you..My wife and her friend had a 4lbs lobster (Shared)..Great wines..pricy..but good..I and a steak ..it was very good..9oz Filet..Monday night it was packed..So make reservation.

Reviewed March 5, 2011

First very kind service but when we asked for the offered 4course-menu for 49,95 $ the temperature got very low - my menu-card was almost ripped out of my hand.

This 4course-offer is indeed very affordable if you know that the same would cost you more than 90 $ with the normal menu-card.

But still it was one of the worst dishes I had:
- bread horrible
- salad was mediate
- trio of filet mignon was almost cold and already dry, quality of the meat was mediate
- broccholi tasted of nothing but garlic
- the crust of the creme brulee was not crispy at all and some spots where and tasted already burned

The service: Not only, that our waitress seemed to be more than annoyed to "service" us she gave us unasked the bigger portion for the glass of wine.

But the final story of this evening was this: That our steaks where to cold was well-known to the kitchen and the waitress. She gave the steaks to us with the comment, that they stood for a while in the kitchen because somebody - probably she - forgot them. We didn't heard an apology.

Final amount: 160 $

The only things which where realy good where the ones which couldn't be spoiled up: the wine and the raspberries on creme brulee.

Reviewed May 17, 2010

Great steak, but I had to laugh at the salad. Service was excellent, wine choices were very good as well. Definitely a place to go when you're craving a top-quality piece of beef.

Reviewed March 25, 2010

My husband and I were guests of friends who treated us to dinner at the Palm. My husband is a vegetarian and I called ahead to make sure he received a "good" meal, not just boiled vegies. The person who answered the phone assured me he would talk to the chef and that my husband would have a special meal he would enjoy. When we arrived for dinner there was no special meal and when my husband inquired about it the waiter asked him what he would like to eat. After an number of suggestions from my husband he finally asked if they had any eggs and if they could make him an omlet since nothing else seemed possible. My husband was very embarressed by the scene this made as the waiter was impatient and not helpful. While everyone else ate steak and fish my husband had a breakfast meal. In addition, I had the broiled salmon which was overcooked had a very off taste (like it had been refrozen). The creamed spinich was tasteless and looked like it came from a commercial tub, the baked potatoes were awful as were the hash browns. Pedestrian salads and very commercial looking and tasting key lime pie. Everything is very overpriced ($9.00 for a baked potato!). Unless you just want a hunk of overpriced meat I'd stay away!

Reviewed February 19, 2010

This Particular Palm is what all Steak Houses aspire to be. My brother and I were in Miami for the boat show and Friday evening decided to go to the Palm unannounced. We arrived and the Maitr d' told us they were book but was incredibly nice and found us a small table for two, not the best in the house but we were appreciative of his accomodation. We had two excellent Martini's I had the Fillet my brother had the Strip and we ordered Home fries which were the best and cream spinach. Oh, I had the lettuce wedge with blue cheese dressing, real dressing just blue cheese and olive oil. i will go back whenever in the area this is a great place.