“Beautiful hotel, wonderful staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bartow

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bartow
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Bartow
“Beautiful hotel, wonderful staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

We wanted to stay Central Florida while we visited numerous retirement locations. I had some Priority Club points to use for part of the stay so we chose this location for the week. This was the best HI Express I have been in, very clean, staff was extremely helpful with dining suggestions, places to see. The breakfast buffet was good. We stayed during Thanksgiving week and it was a little chilly so we did not use the pool but we did sit out there one evening - very peaceful and nicely equipped. We will stay here again. Very pleased with this location - a bit of construction going on with the roads around the area so it was a little difficult to find and get in there, but that was no fault to them and it will be better when they finish the construction. Thanks for a great stay!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

This hotel was awesome I was given a nice big clean room for my kids and myself. I had had a terrible experience at the Stay Inn with the manager because the room was dirty, bed was nasty,and the ceiling had some spider web on it. This hotel cost more but it was well worth it...friendly housekeepers ,great breakfast, clean pool, and quiet! Restaurants were in walking distance!

• Stayed June 2012
Jacksonville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

There isn't much in Bartow, but I needed to stay close to the center of town. Holiday Inn was the only decent choice for miles. The room was clean and very comfortable. Service personnel were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was hot and fresh.

• Stayed November 2012
Leesburg, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express now for the third time and every time it was so very comfortable, with great service and smiling faces. I would recommend this Holiday Inn to anyone traveling to central Florida. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Massillon, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

Our experience at the Holiday Inn Express, in Bartow, Florida, was going well until the morning we checked out. After breakfast, we returned to our room on the first floor, to find a sulfur-like smell, that smelled just like natural gas. After informing the front desk, a maintenance man was sent over. The mechanical room was right next to our room. When he opened the door to the mechanical room, the smell came out strong! Afterwards, I found the maintenance man in the lobby, standing around. I asked him what he was going to do about the natural gas problem. He said, with an Indian accent, "there is no problem". I about went berserk. Couldn't he smell that? Does this hotel expect customers to put up with that smell, as well as the danger of a natural gas leak? They must. We never received an explanation or apology for this incident.

After checking out, I called the fire dept, to let them know of the problem. They were going to send someone out to investigate. Later, I sent an e-mail communication to Holiday Inn Express, via their web-site, about this incident. I got no response.

I am really not sure what these people are thinking.

We had stayed at this hotel before, in 2008, and were pleasantly surprised by it. So we returned. This time, with what appears to be different management, we have been badly surprised. We will plan to find another hotel when in the Bartow area in the future.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Buckeye_Traveller
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bartow, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Dear Buckeye_Traveller,

Thank you for taking time to write a review of our property. It is regrettable that you were not satisfied with the service received. I would like to address this with your further. I have sent you a private message in order to obtain more information about your experience. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Pembroke Pines, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2012

We stayed at this hotel this past weekend for a soccer tournament that was being held in nearby Lakeland. After checking in friday afternoon I was laying on the bed surfing the web on my Ipad and saw something move next to it. When I looked under the Ipad I found a roach had been running on the bed. After screaming, my wife picked up the telephone and called the front desk. While on hold my wife looked up and saw a second roach near the cieling. I continued to check the bed and after moving a pillow a third roach came out. Needless to say my wife was out of there! The young lady at the desk was very nice and appologized and moved us to another room. While packing our things to move to another room another roach actually appeared to (attack) my wife by flying towards her. She screamed bloody murder I'm surprised no one called the police. To say the very least my wife and daughter didn't sleep very well the next couple of nights.

That was not the end of the roach sightings. We had two other parents who also had roaches in their room and another was observed by one of the kids in the front lobby near the elevator.

I know roaches are common in Florida but seeing that many in one room leads me to believe the hotel may be infested.

The young lady at the desk on friday night was very nice and appeared to be very concerned. The young man at the desk on saturday morning also handled the situation professionally and actually had people spray our second room just in case. These two individuals were very nice but not one person from management contacted us to show their concern nor apologize for the inconvenience. (I think a minor discount for our room would have been justified.)

As far as the breafast is concerned I wouldn't even consider eating food in this hotel so I couldn't offer an opinion on it.

On a side note if the maintenance of the rooms is an indication of the quality of the hotel there is a lot to be desired. The second room given to us had a jacuzzi tub that had the tiles being literally held on by scotch tape. The shower head also couldn't be adjusted because the pipe was not secured to the wall.

I definately will not stay hear ever again and would not recommend it to others.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank maleman13
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bartow, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
Dear maleman13,

Thank you for leaving this review and bringing this to our attention. We are very proud of our high level of service and cleanliness. That is why your post is very troubling to me. I would like to look into this further. I have sent you a private message with more information. I look forwarding to hearing back from you.

Katie J
IHGCare
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2012

Good location. Pretty much only hotel in bartow. Walkable to quite a few eateries.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank Anonymous49463
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bartow
Hampton Inn Bartow
Hampton Inn Winter Haven
#2 of 16 in Winter Haven
BEST WESTERN Auburndale Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Lake Wales N - Winter Haven

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bartow? Share your experiences!