“Wonderful gem in downtown Bartow, Fl”

Havana delights cafe
Ranked #3 of 67 Restaurants in Bartow
Cuisines: Cuban
Reviewed December 18, 2013

We just returned from lunch at Havana Delights. We just happened to park in front of the restaurant. What a lovely place. Lots of folks stopping by to eat. The owner visited with us and was very friendly, particularly respectful of my mother who is 88 years young. He said he originally came from Cuba and was trained as an engineer but 7 years ago started up this restaurant. He loves livening up the community. We had the cuban pork sandwich, the cuba sandwich, black bean soup and cuban coffee. Loved all of it and the wonderful ambiance. Plan to go back there before we leave for home in chilly Minnesota.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

My husband and I stumbled across this place on our trip across Florida. What a great find! I love a restaurant where the owner is the one cooking my food. Delicious sandwiches, I had the Elena and my husband had the Cuban, we also got 2 empanadas and plantanos. Everything was hot and fresh and awesome! We will be going back again soon!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Read the Yelp reviews, which were all good. The service was great, the portions were large, but the food a little salty. I've had better, but they make a good mango shake.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

The Cuban food here is authentic and good. Not all selections have been available when I've visited. No drink refills without buying a whole new drink and the table service though friendly is not attentive at all. We went without things we wanted for most of the meal before anyone checked our table.

2  Thank SparkyRanger
Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Who knew you could find great Cuban food in Bartow Florida.....well as we discovered you can at Havana Delights Cafe.
Nestled on Main Street this restaurant offers excellent food in a quaint atmosphere. The decor reminds you of the heyday of Cuba with unique antiques.
Homemade from scratch cuisine that reminds us why we love Cuban food, it's just that good.
If you travel on SR60 through Bartow you must stop for a taste of Havana.