“Great Southern Fried Food!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Catfish Country

Catfish Country
Ranked #1 of 65 Restaurants in Bartow
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Florida
“Great Southern Fried Food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Living in the area, we have frequented Catfish Country a number of times. This was a typical visit. Their fried gator is awesome and the dining experience is country style. You are served drinks in Mason jars, there is a jar filled with green onions at the table along with a bowl of Cole slaw and fresh made biscuits (both of which are really yummy!). This is definitely comfort food...don't plan on eating healthy at this place but plan on leaving happy!

• Visited August 2013

Glen Allen, Virginia
“Excellent atmosphere and service, average food.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

My family and I ate here with my uncle, aunt, and cousins based on my uncle liking this restaurant because it was different. It certainly has a unique atmosphere that sets it apart from most restaurants. It also has somewhat unique food like fried green tomatoes and alligator.

To start the meal, you get green onions (I do not know what they are for), coleslaw, and biscuits. My uncle usually does not like coleslaw, but he likes it here. My wife tried it and did not think it was that great. I thought the biscuits were very good, especially with the cinnamon spread.

I ordered the fried crab cakes as an appetizer. I thought they had nice flavor and the sauce was also very good. My uncle ordered the fried green tomatoes. My cousin and wife thought they were a bit sour.

For my entree, I ordered the broiled catfish, fried alligator, and cheese grits. Everything was somewhat bland. It could have used more seasoning. My wife had the ribs and she thought they were just ok.

My aunt and cousin ordered steaks well done. They had to send them back because they were barely medium. My uncle had the catfish and didn't think it was that great. My other cousin ordered fettuccine Alfredo chicken and it looked very good.

The waitress was great. She was very attentive and personable. I did want a shirt because of how unique the place was, but they did not have a large. Overall, this is an ok place. Nothing great, but nothing bad.

• Visited August 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Southern cooking”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

If you are looking for good southern flare food this is your place. This place has a backwoods, southern feel to it. It is located deep in Lakeland on the way to Bartow..Highland city area. They have catfish, gator, frog legs, grouper and more. They have a wide menu selection which is very affordable...even when it comes to catfish. They also have all you can eat catfish for $13.99. I had the whole catfish with the bones still in. It was big pieces and ok tasting. The breading on it could've been seasoned a little bit better, but still ok. The turnip greens I can say the same thing about them. But the biscuits before the meal were very good!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Bad food.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

To be fair I did not eat catfish maybe that's what's good to eat here. I had crab cakes and coconut shrimp which were ok but everything I had here tasted like it was canned, boxed, or frozen.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Lake Wales, Florida
“Good stuff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Excellent catfish. Not at all greasy and was cooked perfectly. Good coleslaw and the best bisquits I have found in all of Florida. Attentive waitress who took good care of us.

• Visited June 2013