“Southern cooking”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Catfish Country

Catfish Country
Ranked #2 of 65 Restaurants in Bartow
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Tampa, Florida
“Southern cooking”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

If you are looking for good southern flare food this is your place. This place has a backwoods, southern feel to it. It is located deep in Lakeland on the way to Bartow..Highland city area. They have catfish, gator, frog legs, grouper and more. They have a wide menu selection which is very affordable...even when it comes to catfish. They also have all you can eat catfish for $13.99. I had the whole catfish with the bones still in. It was big pieces and ok tasting. The breading on it could've been seasoned a little bit better, but still ok. The turnip greens I can say the same thing about them. But the biscuits before the meal were very good!

• Visited July 2013

“Bad food.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

To be fair I did not eat catfish maybe that's what's good to eat here. I had crab cakes and coconut shrimp which were ok but everything I had here tasted like it was canned, boxed, or frozen.

• Visited July 2013
Lake Wales, Florida
“Good stuff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Excellent catfish. Not at all greasy and was cooked perfectly. Good coleslaw and the best bisquits I have found in all of Florida. Attentive waitress who took good care of us.

• Visited June 2013
Lakeland, Florida
“Treated rudely by the owner”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

First I want you to know we had no problem with their food.
It is about the way my wife was treated after she fell down due to a dangerous spot that could and should be remedied, but they refuse to do so. Allow me to expand a bit. On 12-7-11 my wife fell down and hurt her ankle, sprained her foot and went to the ER. A few weeks later she stopped by and spoke with the owner. The owner was very rude to my wife telling her she needed to watch where she was walking and totally acted as though my wife was a bother to her.
My wife's sole purpose of her visit was to point out this dangerous spot, and hopefully prevent others from falling in the same spot. The owner reluctantly moved a trash can into the dangerous spot as to prevent anyone from being able to step down in this area. No apology was offered, nor was she asked by the owner how she was doing. A couple of days later the trash can was back across the walk way in it's original location and it remains there to this day. My wife submitted a small balance of the ER visit (less then $100.00) along with a certified letter requesting reimbursement. To this day there has been no response from Catfish Country...Be Aware!
They have lost our business due to their rudeness and negligence.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank peter c
Chicago, Illinois
“Must Have”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

I honestly couldn't say more fantastic things about this establishment. My mother and I ate here last minute one night about 30 minutes before they closed, which didn't seem to phase them at all. I was immediately impressed with the quick greeting and once I saw the menu, the low prices. They not only place biscuits, green onions, and colseslaw on the table as soon as you get seated, but the portions were very generous. I had the fried pickles for an appetizer and then the Caesar salad for my entree. I could barely finish both and was sad I couldn't finish both becasue the Caesar salad was phenominal and the pickles were perfect.
I would also like to mention the service, which was abolutely amazing. Our waitress took her time to help my mom find the perfect grouper dish and the owner/manager made time to ask us how our meal was and check the quality. I was really surpised at how at home we felt as soon as we wat down and how yummy the food was.
I would recommend this to anyone looking for a casual and delisious meal.

• Visited May 2013