“Very nice”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Baldwin
Anderson, South Carolina
“Very nice”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I was traveling with my elderly parents and needed to break up trip from SC to FL. The hotel was near I-10. It was very clean and staff very friendly. Continental breakfast was good and supplied well. I'll definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I have stayed here dozens of times in the past 6 years. It has always been very clean and comfortable with excellent, friendly service. This last trip, employees went above and beyond the call of duty to help. Excellent, reasonably priced rooms with parking at your door. Couldn't be more convenient.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
georgia
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We were traveling from south Florida to Georgia and wanted to break the trip up. It is rare that I ever book a hotel without checking reviews first but we were on the road and this was our best Best Western option for the distance we wanted to travel. I called and made the reservation over the phone. I am home now and am shocked seeing good reviews. This was the nastiest, worst Best Western ever. The check-in was fine. The young lady at the desk was well-informed and polite. But the room was filthy. The carpet didn't even appear to have been vacuumed. I looked at the bed linens and they appeared clean until closer inspection. I needed an electrical outlet so I moved the night stand. It was filthy. The shower/tub was dirty and I took pictures. There was a bath mat that appeared to have never been cleaned under or around. I wouldn't even take a shower. Our options were limited in the area. My husband was taking some over-the-counter allergy medicine and asked me if I wanted one. I told him I felt like I needed Frontline! During the course of our trip we stayed at other Best Westerns and I have emails requesting for us to do a survey regarding our stay. But not from this one. I can only imagine why! The "adjacent" restaurant is a bad Waffle House. One last tidbit...in front of our parking space was a big fire ant hill.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Baldwin hotels

Florida
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I've stayed here three times. The rate is very reasonable, the rooms clean (with refrigerators), and there's free wi-fi. I like the breakfast better than at a Hampton Inn because there's always hard boiled eggs, along with the other normal cereals, rolls, etc. There's a Truck Stop Restaurant next door. They allow pets for a small extra charge.
It's just a block off I-10 at the Hwy 301 exit, and about 20 minutes from downtown Jacksonville.
Everyone working there has always been very friendly.
I intend on staying there again.

Room Tip: They allow pets....at a small extra charge.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Napanee
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Stopped at the Best Western hotel in Baldwin.easy access from the interstate. Nice friendly staff,rooms were clean and comfortable.it is good value,breakfast was the typical contintental style but was very good for a quick bite and then head down the road.

Room Tip: Small town with few choices for meals,but it is what it is.Try the pizza place down the street..it i...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 4, 2012

After ten hours of driving and waiting for friends to show up at the JAX airport, BW at Baldwin was a great place to stay. Breakfast also had some good variety. Quiet, clean, room was not cramped and good beds.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baldwin
Hampton Inn Jacksonville I-10 West
Travelodge Suites MacClenny
Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville West/Chaffee Point
Best Western Plus Cecil Field Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites - Jacksonville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chaffee

Been to Red Roof Inn Baldwin? Share your experiences!