“Worst BW hotel ever”

Red Roof Inn Baldwin
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Baldwin
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We were traveling from south Florida to Georgia and wanted to break the trip up. It is rare that I ever book a hotel without checking reviews first but we were on the road and this was our best Best Western option for the distance we wanted to travel. I called and made the reservation over the phone. I am home now and am shocked seeing good reviews. This was the nastiest, worst Best Western ever. The check-in was fine. The young lady at the desk was well-informed and polite. But the room was filthy. The carpet didn't even appear to have been vacuumed. I looked at the bed linens and they appeared clean until closer inspection. I needed an electrical outlet so I moved the night stand. It was filthy. The shower/tub was dirty and I took pictures. There was a bath mat that appeared to have never been cleaned under or around. I wouldn't even take a shower. Our options were limited in the area. My husband was taking some over-the-counter allergy medicine and asked me if I wanted one. I told him I felt like I needed Frontline! During the course of our trip we stayed at other Best Westerns and I have emails requesting for us to do a survey regarding our stay. But not from this one. I can only imagine why! The "adjacent" restaurant is a bad Waffle House. One last tidbit...in front of our parking space was a big fire ant hill.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Baldwin

Reviewed April 8, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I've stayed here three times. The rate is very reasonable, the rooms clean (with refrigerators), and there's free wi-fi. I like the breakfast better than at a Hampton Inn because there's always hard boiled eggs, along with the other normal cereals, rolls, etc. There's a Truck Stop Restaurant next door. They allow pets for a small extra charge.
It's just a block off I-10 at the Hwy 301 exit, and about 20 minutes from downtown Jacksonville.
Everyone working there has always been very friendly.
I intend on staying there again.

Room Tip: They allow pets....at a small extra charge.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Stopped at the Best Western hotel in Baldwin.easy access from the interstate. Nice friendly staff,rooms were clean and comfortable.it is good value,breakfast was the typical contintental style but was very good for a quick bite and then head down the road.

Room Tip: Small town with few choices for meals,but it is what it is.Try the pizza place down the street..it i...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 4, 2012

After ten hours of driving and waiting for friends to show up at the JAX airport, BW at Baldwin was a great place to stay. Breakfast also had some good variety. Quiet, clean, room was not cramped and good beds.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Room was clean and staff was nice. TV could be better. Stayed one night while traveling. Bed was clean carpet had just been cleaned. There is a truck stop next door but did not bother me. There is not much to choose from as far as eating. Waffle house or fast food. There is a small town up the road with a good bar b que restaurant.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 17, 2012

The man (from India) at the front desk was nice but the room was from the 50's. Wouldn't take my shoes off to walk on the carpet; no queen size beds (only full) with no frills everywhere. This is the worst Best Western I have stayed at smelled musty, loud air condition unit, tub looked dirty.
When making my reservation I was quoted 49.95 when I arived the room was 69.95. At check-in the gentleman at the desk made it a point to let me know they did see my request, and my room would be in a quiet location. This turned out to be a big mistake! The room was infested with fleas! It was the most disgusting hotel experience I have ever had in my life! I recommend to just keep driving!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baldwin
Hampton Inn Jacksonville I-10 West
Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville West/Chaffee Point
Best Western Plus Cecil Field Inn & Suites
Travelodge Suites MacClenny
Americas Best Value Inn- Starke
Hospitality Inn
Hospitality Inn
#74 of 133 in Jacksonville

Been to Red Roof Inn Baldwin? Share your experiences!