“Nice Family BBQ Restaurant”
Review of The Neon Pig BBQ. - CLOSED

The Neon Pig BBQ.
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Nice Family BBQ Restaurant”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

My wife and I stop here on our way back and forth from Florida. The restaurant is under new ownership, but the food is still good. Last two trips I had the BBQ prime rib, which was great and flavorful. My wife always gets the combination platter, with the smoked turkey and ribs. She LOVES the smoked turkey! They also have fried mushrooms, which she loves as well. Our most recent trip there was the first night for a new cook. Our portion of fried mushrooms was a bit skimpy (I think due to the new cook) and I had to wait for my prime rib because the cook misread the order and did ribs instead of prime rib. They were out of baked potatoes as well. They did take 10% off our bill for the wait, which was nice. Service that night seemed a bit confused, maybe due to the new cook. Not sure.

The restaurant used to have "out of this world" banana pudding, but I think they are now serving canned pudding that they "doctor up" with bananas and cookies. Pat, who used to work there I think used to make it from scratch. I think now they are just opening a can, so that is nothing to write home about. But it is a nice family restaurant. This is one of the few BBQ restaurants where you can smell the BBQ from the parking lot.

• Visited January 2014

Franklin, New Hampshire
“Good Sized Portions”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

There were three of us. My husband had the messy fries, can't remember what they were called, but he could only eat about half. Wish I had had the Nephew with me - that kid would have cleaned up. My friend had a pulled pork sandwich and fries, holy guacamole - she filled up and still had food left. Me, I have had some "issues" eating lately and they were kind enough to allow me a Kiddie portion, absolutely great. My husband wanted a beer, but they don't have a liquor license yet - soon though. The waitress was definitely southern, hospitality and all - great lady, and she could move. Right after we arrived the tables started filling up and she never missed a trick.The cook came out and spoke with some of the customers, answering questions and he was quite friendly, too. They are just getting started, but if they keep this up they will have to expand. AND the restrooms were just fine - so someone must be paying attention.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank L R
Bonita Springs, Florida
“Quick, hearty, home made, down to earth”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Interpreting Vocabulary on the menu makes traveling interesting. We ordered pulled pork, which wasn't available, but we could our pork chopped or sliced. We opted for sliced and L. Got the sloppy fries.
What arrived was a delicious chopped ham sandwich on thick country bread toasted and buttered. The sloppy fries, though, had we thought we were getting on top of the fries. We skipped most of the ordinary type fries and hit big on the sloppy which was delicious. Probably not good for us, but great tasting! So if you're from NE and you want a barbecued pork, look for "sloppy!"

• Visited December 2013