“Nice but little sister of next door carpaccio restaurant”
Review of La Goulue - CLOSED

La Goulue
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Collins Avenue
Description: Since 1973, la Goulue has been offering traditional French dishes, in the essence of chic Parisian bistros. Quality ingredients carefully selected, organic products chosen at best, daily arrivals of fresh fish, premium meats, homemade French fries, exceptional pasteries and nostalgic recipes... All the values that contribute to the reputation of our restaurant. Please explore our menu and enjoy your experience at La Goulue Bal Harbour.
Miami, Florida
“Nice but little sister of next door carpaccio restaurant”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Nice "French " cuisine made in America,if you want a quiet place go there.
Nice sitting outside,good waiters,good service.
Clean place.
Friendly so so a bit stuffy for what it is , seem older crowd in general.

Visited April 2014

Stockholm, Sweden
“A disaster that the manager turned into a very nice evening”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Everything started wrong when we visit this restaurant but due to a very skilled and professional manager he turned everything into a nice and pleasant dinner. It isn't so often that you get this kind of attention.
The food is good but is more american / french than french but you will find i.e. onion soup.
The wine list will get 5 out of 10 (5/10)

1 Thank Andrew18985
Miami
“Really awful place”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Other than the lady who seated us and the initial waiter (who disappeared) the balance of the staff, including the guy who said he was the manager, ranged between negligent (at best) to hostile.
they did not have the first two wines I wanted. the one I got was $130. when it arrived it was a different year. I sent the waiter back and he returned saying the manager said it was the "same wine" and no change in price.
food was ok

at the end, I had to waive my arms to get a check. the alleged manager said the $28 service charge was included, I told him the service was terrible and he just stared at me. I told him all I wanted to do was get out of there.

avoid this place in all circumstances

1 Thank Philip M
Toronto, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bad Service and Attitude”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

I BELIEVE it was my worst experience among French eateries I Have visited in last few years. Bad, very bad waiter, who was absolutely ignorant and unprofessional.... Few things in my order have been forgotten and the constant reminders were required... Every single item was delivered separetely and with neglect. I couldn't believe my own eyes! The crepes were undercooked and looked like jellyfish... They forgot about ice cream despite it was a part of the menu. Even capuccinos.... We've got three instead of four and we had to wait another 25 minutes for the last one...
I have complained to the Manager which was absolutely powerless and unable to change anything... Amazingly he even looked scared to face his waiter....At the end I have requested my bill and it was completely wrong... What could be better then this to finilize my dinner? Off course no tips, no respect and no wish to come back. Do not recomment at all!

1 Thank FoodEater2014
Davenport, Florida
“Excellent, authentic French restaurant”
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

This is the finest French restaurant that I have visited outside of France. The waitress, Guzell. Was charming. The food and wines first class. The location within Bal Harbour shopping area is superb. I can't wait to go back.