“I like this place”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Collins Avenue
Description: Since 1973, la Goulue has been offering traditional French dishes, in the essence of chic Parisian bistros. Quality ingredients carefully selected, organic products chosen at best, daily arrivals of fresh fish, premium meats, homemade French fries, exceptional pasteries and nostalgic recipes... All the values that contribute to the reputation of our restaurant. Please explore our menu and enjoy your experience at La Goulue Bal Harbour.
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I like go there , food is good the ambience is fabulous , it is inside the bal harbour shopping mall .
I love to eat ther the salmon lasagna , but also the trout or any ore fish , onion soup is delicious and the desserts too .
The service is excellent and it is very clean .

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Yesterday it was my good friends birthday and I found a Groupon on for this restaurant. I didnt even realize it was at Bal Harbour! The Manager was excellent! We were definitely a difficult group. Half of our party came late because of their cab. And we had TONS of requests. Not to mention we were the last people in the restaurant and we honestly didnt want to leave.

The manager was the best ever and the owner needs to give him a RAISE!!!! He didnt rush us, he didn't make us feel had for being late.. he was perfect. We even gave him a piece of our birthday cake. It was excellent because we had visitors from out of the country and they were also impressed with the service. Minus the hostess she seemed to not want to be there. Our two waitresses were sweet. I can't remember their names but our table was directly behind the hostess stand so whoever the waitress was ... they were both amazing.

I would for sure some back to this restaurant, ON TIME next time though haha.

Oh the food was EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Three of the five people in our party were french speaking and were familiar with the cuisine and LOVED IT!!!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We have been going to Bal Harbour for years and absolutely REFUSED to stand in line at Carpaccio. We ate at La Goulue and our meal was lovely. Service was great, food was very good, and good value. Would definitely return again!

Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

We are staying at the hotel across the street & went to this restaurant twice. The first visit we really enjoyed the food - club sandwich (with spicy chipotle mayo) that they don't mention on the menu, steak sandwich and toddler chicken meal. Thankfully toddler meal came out in a timely manner & thankfully toddler was good because it took well over 45 mins for our sandwiches to came out. Our waiter apologized for the wait just as we were deciding to go or not. The food was fresh and good when it came so thankfully the kid stayed calm. I was surprised no apology was made by the manager who hovered around and I was pretty sure he was aware of the issue. Liked the desert menu and had the macaroons of the day which were decent.
Hated the smokers about the place. Think they should have a smoking area of the terrace.
Went back second night. Delivery of food was much better but this time not correct. Quiche Lorraine was full of mushrooms and onion with no bacon. Pointed it to the server who knew immediately it wasn't the right thing & took it away. Manager came and apologiesed which was nice that he did that tonight but that was it. Hubby was finished his duck by the time mine arrived. Quiche was not worth the wait. Good pastry but otherwise very soggy with very processed ham and very little egg. It was rich and tasty in flavor but texture was not quiche like. Fries were overlooked and dry.
Mojito was great.
Profiteroles were average at best but certainly generous.
If I'd only one place to go to in the mall go to cappricos next door it's way better run and much more consistent. We are here a few more days but after 2 'issues' I won't go back. Maybe we're unlucky...

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We had a nice dinner at this French restaurant. They were extremely busy on this Saturday night.
Food was good and service efficient and friendly. Pricing was average, not cheap but not outrageously expensive.