“Quiet, Clean & Away From The Crowds”
Review of Bal Harbour Beach

Miami Skyline Airplane Tour
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Quiet, Clean & Away From The Crowds”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is a beach that locals love because it's really not crowded -- no matter when you go. This beach is just south of Haulover Beach (over the bridge). I wouldn't recommend swimming at this beach if you have children, because there is no lifeguard. Also, no bathrooms or snack bars. So, this is not the beach to go to if you want to stay all day. Go to Haulover Beach if you have kids or want to make a day of it. I don't really swim when I go to this beach, just get wet to cool off, so this beach is perfect for me. I have been coming here since I was a kid and love it because it's mostly locals. There are some tourists here, but it seems like most tourists go to South Beach these days. I usually go to the section that is about two blocks north of where Bal Harbour Shops are located. This section of beach is behind some private condos, but the beach is accessible to all, so it's great. Just don't try and use the condo's beach chairs! There's a nice walkway before you get to the beach and there are dunes between the walkway and the beach. The walkway is lighted at night. There is some beach erosion due to last year's storms, but not as bad as you will find further north of this stretch of beach. The water is clean and clear.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Traveler M

Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Loved the beach!”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Very relaxing! Chrystal clear water! We were right next to the pier so I wish I brought me fishing rod! Our hotel also had an area for kids to play! When we bring them next time I'm sure they'll love it!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Datb21
Florida
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Ball Harbour”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

If you want to be around unfriendly people who may or may not be rich, this is your place. This review requires a 100 character minimum, so that is why this sentence is here.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank deanotraveler
Charleston, South Carolina
“Fabulous”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Great location, fantastic beach. Rooms clean and well appointed. We stayed here prior to our cruise from Ft. Lauderdale and will definately be back!

Visited October 2012
Miami, Florida
“Who'da thunk?”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Many topless and some nude women on the southern part of the beach. Makes a trip to the beach that much more enjoyable!

Visited April 2013