“GREAT LOCATION”
Review of Bal Harbour Quarzo

Bal Harbour Quarzo
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Bal Harbour
Reviewed February 11, 2011

Wonderful suite-type accommodation with living area separate from bedroom. Great design. Great attitude of staff - excellent location and extremely comfortable. We had an excellent time.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed January 29, 2011

Stayed for three nights. Rooms were clean ( though I did notice dust on the floorboards and in the drawers but that is common at hotels it seems). The staff did try to please - one minor incident but otherwise happy with service. The walls were paper thin so could hear the neighbors as if they were in the same room. Only other complaint is that given location you have to drive everywhere though lots within a short drive

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed January 29, 2011

New, modern Miami style one bedroom apartment for a great value at a four star establishment. The only downside was that it was hidden amongst aging condos.
I was surprised to receive a whole apartment for myself when I only needed one room.
It was a gem and a fantastic find. Staff were very warm and welcoming.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed January 14, 2011

I'll try to be short...
I had booked this hotel but actually when I showed up with my pregnant wife the hotel was unable to give me a room (apparently they didn't have any authorization).
I waited for over an hour for them to find a solution. There were unable to do that and after calling booking.com and some internet search we found an agreement to go to a hotel further away from Miami (not in Bal Harbor).
Stressful situation #2: when checking out from the new hotel, the rate they made me pay was MUCH higher than was communicated by the hotel manager at Quarzo. After several emails and phone calls the situation got -nearly- sorted out. I don't want to hear about them anymore. I was going on holidays and all I got from them was stress!
I won't even try to stay at that place another time...

Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank SylvainMilano
Reviewed January 10, 2011

I was aware that this property was due to open December 1st 2010 and had been in touch with the General Manager some weeks before in relation to an intended booking over New Year. Despite several telephone calls from the UK and an email with confirmation of credit card details, days before our intended stay I was advised the hotel had no record of the booking. The manager's attitude was totally unacceptable - all he could offer were 2 rooms at a much higher rate as opposed to the suite booked. This is a toy town hotel portraying itself as a luxury property. Avoid at all costs! We stayed elsewhere in Bal Harbour and know of other guests who checked out of Quarzo early as it is unfinished. What a disaster....

Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank gsl500
Reviewed January 1, 2011

Stayed at this nice hotel. We got lot at first finding this place as our GPS took us to the security gate of the complex right next to the hotel. I was traveling with my 2 teenagers and requested 2 queen beds. Upon arriving I found out my queens beds were not available and they put us in a room with a king bed and my kids has to sleep on cot like beds which was place on top of the living room couch. A tv was provided but it was in the bedroom not the living room. Hotel would not reimburse me for the inconvenienced.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 12, 2010

As said, the hotel is stil under renovation but the finished rooms are beautiful, top of the line appliances and furniture. The beach is right across the street and my room had a perfect ocean view...

The location is great, quiet and secure neighborhood, very close to the Bal Harbour Shops and free parking is a big plus.

Would like to come back once the renovations are done.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
Sole on the Ocean
#4 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Beach Surfside
The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort

Been to Bal Harbour Quarzo? Share your experiences!