The setting--under a road overpass. A bit offputting at first. The exterior almost looked like a low-rent hotel. But inside, it was nice and clean. I arrived earlier than planned, and my room wasn't ready. They upgraded me--nice! I was alone and on a business trip, so the big living room and kitchen were kind of overkill. Still, very nice of them. The hotel is across the road from the beach--also nice! But it appeared the Quarzo had no room service at night (when I needed it), so I went to the big hotel across the street and had a delicious burger.
After I had check out, however, I noticed an additional charge of $13 from them on my credit card bill. I called and asked what it was--they had charged me for a missing glass and a bag of potato chips. It was only around $13 bucks, but still. I didn't steal or break a glass, and I didn't eat any potato chips. (I don't even like potato chips much.) I asked them to remove that charge from my bill. (And again, I was on a business trip, so I could and would have charged that to my company, had I in fact eaten the chips or broken the glass. But I didn't.)
They said they would take care of it. Around a week later, I see a refund of $1 from them on my credit card bill. I called and asked them what was up with that, and could they fix it. I never heard back from them and my credit card was never reimbursed. I would think a good hotel would a) check inventory before the next guest is ushered in, to avoid this awkward situation, and/or b) give a guest who says she didn't eat the potato chips or break (or steal) a glass the benefit of the doubt. I am very surprised that they didn't make this right, as they seemed nice and on top of things otherwise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Boutique Hotel just steps from the Bal Harbour Beach, offers exquisite and over-sized Suites ranging from Junior Suites to One and Two-Bedroom Suite accommodations. Suites are equipped will full kitchens featuring Kitchen-Aid appliances, living/dining room, walk-in closets and dual private balconies. Bathrooms are tastefully appointed with imported granite countertops and modern glass bowl sinks. High-quality bedding linens. Consistency and excellence in guest services is our main priority. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Bal Harbour Quarzo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bal Harbour Quarzo Hotel Bal Harbour
- Bal Harbour Quarzo Florida