WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Bal Harbour Quarzo

Bal Harbour Quarzo
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Bal Harbour
Telford, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel, hard to find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

Stayed here for a couple of nights prior to a cruise. Hard to find and looked a bit naff from outside, but inside is a very nice, clean and friendly hotel. The room was large and well kept. This is a very good place to stay, apart from there is no where to eat. The nearest is the hotel across the road. Very good food but not cheap!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jim s

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Montevideo, Uruguay
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

The Quarzo lacks of a clear identity, after staying with them for 3 nights it is still not entirely clear to me whether it is a vacation rental or an hotel.
It is too expensive for being a vacation rental (about $380 a night), but has not enough services to be considered an hotel.
Besides this, there is a blatant lack of personnel to be considered a luxurious property. Basically any type of manual operation (ie. Housekeeping) may take ages to be completed.

PROS
- Extra big rooms, with a full size kitchen and a living room
- Modern and tasteful décor
- Nice Zen Garden

CONS
- Noisy Air Con (to the point that it is preferred to shut it down and suffer the heat).
- No view from the rooms
- No restaurant or even a place to have breakfast
- Small pool, with no heating and limited sun exposure (freezing)
- Poor TV offer (just 20 channels)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

All I can say is that I teared up when I first saw the bedroom. The room was so clean that we could eat on the floor if we wanted to. Everything was meticulously organized and beautifully decorated. Wherever you go within the hotel, there is this soft and relaxing music playing and amazing scented candles/mists all around. The beach is just a few steps away and there's all the structure you may need - chairs, towels and even beach toys for the kids. This is by far the best hotel I ever stayed in the Miami area - and I've been to Miami more than 10 times already. The staff was really amazing and pampered us to the highest level. We had our one-year-old with us and there was even a teddy-bear for him when we got in the bedroom. We definitely plan to stay at Quarzo again and - as far as I'm consulted - there won't be any doubt on recommending to all our friends!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Rafaela1979
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

My girlfriend and I visited this hotel for 11 days fromthe netherlands
I have been to other hotels on miami beach but this hotel stands out for its service,cleanliness and wonderful staff.In one word perfect hotel for a wonderful holiday
Everyone is friendly and willing to help.
Also the rooms are beautiful,clean and spacious
There is also a beautiful garden with modern garden seating in one word we would definitely spend our holday there again when returning to miami/ bal harbour.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

This property is nestled away from SOBE Chaos. Set perfectly next to the beach and water with beach chairs. Staff was amazing, very accommodating. They helped with everything even, checking me out at my requested 1hr time. The hotel smelled amazing, like a golden spa retreat. The room was huge, white, modern! Just the way I like it. The only neg, is room service. DO NOT order the food on the menu. This part of the stay was not their strong point. The staff explained to me that they're in the process of extending the hotel and building a restaurant on site, hence the lack of great food. Other than that you can hop on a shuttle to the Bal Harbor shops to grab a bite to eat. Do not eat at Mr. Collins. The food was not that great. It was mediocre in addition to the staff being very pressuring for you to leave. I will definitely return to this hotel and they have definitely made my stay very very great!

Room Tip: My room 206 was great. Right next to pool. The hotel was not noisy in general. It was very peaceful
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
QUARZO H, Manager at Bal Harbour Quarzo, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Hello Sara!

Thank you for all your delightful comments. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and of course would like for you to come see us again.

Find us on Facebook and like our page for updates, discounts, and promotions.

Also, we encourage you to book directly with us for your future stays at quarzomiamihotel.com or call us at 305.222.7922.

Best wishes!
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

This hotel exceeded my expectations on every level. Very friendly and personable staff, beautiful rooms that were much larger and more modernly furnished than I even expected from the pics I had seen online, and incredible housekeeping. This place feels like your own stylish apartment. The kitchen was decked out with every appliance and tool you need to make a gourmet dinner and I could have easily entertained 30 people in the huge living area. The walk in closest was amazing to display all my purchases from Bal Harbour Shops (less than a 10 min walk away!). Kamille Ricketts at the front desk was so gracious and kind to me and made my stay even more memorable. The housekeepers were wonderful - they even washed the dishes I left in the sink (Thanks, Maria Eugenia!) This hotel MADE my trip. I will definitely go back!!!

Room Tip: Get a one bedroom king! Very open layout.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

What a great hotel, the rooms are luxury apartments, the position and ambiance is like that of a private retreat though its close to so much in Mami. And the staff , well they make it more than a place to stay. Its impeccable, comfortable, and the staff so helpfull and professional, I have stayed in very exclusive (and expensive) hotels on many continents and dined in some of the worlds most renowned restaurants , places that have spent years and years perfecting teams of staff. The staff at Quarzo just seem to be naturals and and I think they have a great future. We had a great stay it was our last few days in the USA this year, it made it a perfect send off. Personal thanks to Joseph and to all the staff, who were always more than willing, more than helpful.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
#2 of 9 in Sunny Isles Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,326 reviews
The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort
Sun Harbour Boutique Hotel

Been to Bal Harbour Quarzo? Share your experiences!