The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Sea View Hotel(Bal Harbour)
  • Beachfront
  • Beachfront
Grand Beach Hotel Bay Harbor(Bay Harbor Islands)
View Hotel
Daddy O Hotel(Bay Harbor Islands)
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
1,535 results
All reviewsbutler servicetranquility poolspg platinumlarge balconiesfamily pooladult poolamazing propertysouth beachhouse carfour seasonsremede spawalk in closetturn down serviceregis bal harbour resortbeach serviceluxury hotelrooms are beautiful
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I have been blessed to stay in some of the best hotels in the world while traveling for my job and only a handful would I care to visit again on my fee time. The St Regis Bal Harbour is one I would return to again and again and again.
While the quality of the rooms and the view go without saying but i will EXCEPTIONAL...What stands out even more is the staff. From the minute you walk through the doors you know you are going to be very well cared for....kind, pleasant and attentive.
If you are blessed enough to have Mark as your butler you are in for quite a treat. From looking after food allergies, locating a special spot for dinner in the sold out restaurant, to securing a cabana or simply locating a quiet spot outside in the evening to gather your thoughts, Mark made sure everything was taken care of to the fullest capacity.
I look forward to returning as soon as possible.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear Jen A,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay. We are delighted to hear you had an exceptional stay, and that Marc, your butler, made the stay extra special. I will be sure to share this kind feedback with him personally. We look forward to welcoming you back to our address.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Family holiday trip with older daughters, beautiful room, they thought the best ever, deep terrace with great ocean views and comfy chaises...staff very attentive but not overbearling...breakfast, pool bar staff excellent and food very good (note to management, watch the stains on the cushions, we notice, should be less...also pool staff very nice but seems like we we looking around each day after bfast for someone to set us up...and we were there for 6 days)...JG Grill restaurant entertained some guests, excellent service and food/ wine...question why not light up the palms outside at pool to give some view...windows were pitch blcak at 7pm and we are on the ocean? Perfeect location to walk across to Bal Harbor shops for excellent shopping and La Goloue and Carpaccio restaurants also very good. Conceirge arranged for tennis lessons with Federico next store, excellent pro...would definately return.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Dear MarkT810,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience here with the TripAdvisor community. We are delighted to hear you had such a great stay, and we appreciate the constructive feedback. I will personally review your comments with my team. We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Hotel was pretty filled had some kinks but It was all sorted out by friendly staff.
The pool is lil weak as its small and u can't use thr bigger privacy pool w children. Be sure to get down early for a seat by the pool if ur traveling with children. We went to the beach which was very spacious.
Roy by the pool gave us the service we expect from a st Regis.

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear BMWMinic10,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We are happy to hear your visit was everything you expected from the St. Regis, and I will be sure to share your comments with Roy from the Pool & Beach team. We look forward to welcoming you back to Bal Harbour.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

I enjoyed an amazing one night stay in the st Regis bal harbour. The views where absolutely stunning, and the hotel was just recently finished so everything is brand spanking new. Everything is designed and finished flawlessly, amazing terrace/balcony.
Pool areas and beach club very well attended, my wife used the gym and said it was very complete and clean. Great room service food and overall service. Went out for an amazing run on the bal harbour surfside jogging / walking path.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Alex T,

Thank you for the kind review of your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear you had an amazing stay, and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

My husband and I just returned from a 5 night stay at the St. Regis Bal Harbour; and as much as I really want to be able to give this property five stars it just isn't there yet.

As a quick background, I am six months pregnant and we wanted to get away before our baby arrives. Typically we take two vacations a year; and when doing so don't mind spending the money for an all around five star experience.

We chose the St. Regis specifically because it was easy to get to from Washington DC (my husband did not want to travel out of the country), it was away from the hustle and bustle of South Beach, and finally because of it's previous reviews and accolades.

I'm not sure why our experience fell so short compared to many I have read - but again - staying throughout the past years in many five star establishments this one is definitely not one. So here you go - the good and the bad...

The Hotel: The hotel is absolutely stunning. I told my husband is was like the W meets the Cosmopolitan in Vegas. Extremely modern and chic. Great job to the designers and decorators.

The Room: This is where the issues began. When I originally booked the room through Amex platinum travel we booked a regular ocean view room. When I called the hotel back in December; the reservationist recommended we pay the upgrade for a Luxe room and be on a higher floor due to much better views. I said of course and we upgraded. I called the week of our travel and reconfirmed everything (room, dining, spa, transportation, etc.) I had also requested early check-in knowing we were arriving around 2pm.

We arrived to the hotel and the room was not yet ready. They told us the maids were finishing it and shouldn't be long. Recommended we grab lunch or walk around the property. They did have a little coupon book you could use at a couple places during the time in which you are waiting for your room; but was not valid at Fresco which is where we ate. No big deal. Fast forward two hours - almost 4pm, room is still not ready! Finally around 4:30 we were given our keys and led to our room - which to our surprise was on a low floor and not the upgrade we had requested. We called the front desk and the hotel was completely booked so they would not be able to move us that day but said perhaps later during our stay. I didn't want to deal with moving rooms after we unpacked and said to forget about it we would be fine.

That evening we returned from dinner to hear music, talking, and glass clinking outside our room. What a surprise when we realized our room was right on top of the hotel bar! It was Saturday night so we figured we'd just deal with it for the evening. WRONG! EVERY SINGLE NIGHT!! Two nights the noise went past midnight!! And worse, the music would start back up around 7am the next morning!!

We spoke to the hotel again Monday morning and they said they would move us. Monday at 5pm they say, sorry - they are sold out and can't move us! They did end up comping our last two nights stay; which was understanding given the issues; but we honestly would have just rathered they had moved us and we would have been able to sleep on our babymoon. (Note: they had known since December we were coming on a babymoon for relaxation!) If we wanted loud, we would have just stayed in South Beach.

The rooms themselves are beautiful, very well appointed and layed out. The technology can be a bit finicky at times; but not a big issue. My husband loved the shower (super strong pressure) and I loved the bed (extremely comfy!). I do caution thought that the marble floor in the bathroom can be extremely slippery when wet (especially around the shower). I almost ate it a couple of times...so keep a towel down!

Bottom line: DO NOT let them put you on a lower floor anywhere near the bar. If they insist - change hotels (which is what we should have done on Monday when they said they still couldn't move us!).

Food: There is ALOT of room for improvement here! Again, we don't mind paying the prices they wanted but the food wasn't even good; which definitely then makes you wondering what your paying so much for. Lunch and drinks at the pool can easily run a couple $150-200.
The menu needs to be re thought out; not many options and everything is extremely bland. Not to mention you wait a min of 30 minutes for food service anywhere...your room, the pool, ...

We ordered breakfast in our room every morning and I think they only got the order right once. Things missing, things cooked wrong, ect.

Even J&G was mediocre at best. Again, much much improvement is needed here.

Spa: Excellent. They have it right here. I got a prenatal massage and honestly, was the best I've ever had. Masseuse was the most genuine and sweetest woman; but further more was amazing at her job and technique. My husband had a mani and pedi and also enjoyed it a lot. Don't think you can go wrong with the spa.

Staff: If anything, this is the hotels saving grace right now. Every staff member we encountered was more than willing to make our stay comfortable. Side note: we only went to the beach once and service lacked so went back to the adult pool. Every guy working at the adult pool was fantastic. Very hard workers and were constantly checking to make sure we were good. Wagner was a delight and helped make our stay feel less horrible.

Final Overview - Is the hotel pretty and modern and have a luxury feel? Yes. But that's really where the ball drops. I think management needs to realize that the big picture is not what makes you a five star establishment. Just because your a brand new hotel in Bal Harbour does not make you a five star establishment. It's all in the details, details, details, - 95% of which this hotel is missing. You need to treat each guest like they are VIP regardless of which room category they are in (because let's be honest, even the lowest category is not "cheap").

If someone calls months in advance with requests and lets you know they are coming on their babymoon; WHY would you put them in the wrong room and further more, in a room over the bar?!?! Tell guests the truth - not playing guessing and waiting games (hint: it pisses them off more!). Get your food service and food quality in check - it's honestly embarrassing; we had better food at a small inn on an island in Greece this past summer that was no where near the "status" of the St. Regis.

Bottom line - weather was amazing, we were able to relax by the pool; but our next trip post baby definitely will not be to the St. Regis Bal Harbour.

Room Tip: Higher floor or no-where near the bar. If they put you there regardless of your request and can't move you - change hotels!!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Ona P

Dear Ona P,

Thank you for sharing this feedback of your recent stay with us. We are very sorry that the stay did not exceed your expectations, and that you experienced issues with the room location and noise from the bar. We do our best to accommodate early check-in requests, but on some days it is simply not possible, and I apologize we were not able to accommodate you. We do our best to make every stay great for our guests, and I do hope our gestures of goodwill demonstrated that. We would welcome the opportunity to have you as guests again, so that you can truly experience the 5-star service we are proud to provide.

Dant Hirsch,