My Hyundai was out of place one the narrow approach to the the valet area. They frowned at my pillow being in a white kitchen trash bag instead of a high end suite case.
We had just spend a few nights up the road at the Marriot Adventura (not on the water,1/3 the price) and really enjoyed staying there. Buffet breakfast at the St.Regis was $37.00, french toast was 18.00 and orange juice 7.00. I just don't get it. The room was on an upper floor with an ocean view. It is more like a restricted view. You can not see left as the building is a step pattern and the rooms to the left blocked the view. I could see the people in that room sitting at the table on the balcony. To the right is a large Condo building and they are painting all of the exterior storm shutters. All day they were grinding off old paint and it was noisy. At night, you can not keep the shades open as the units to the left can look in with ease. Also, If you open the door (no screens) the air conditioner shuts off. There is no light on the balcony, so we had to bring a lamp out to see at night. The toilet ran unless you jiggled the lever to stop it. The shower floor was very slippery.
They have a touch screen controller for the room to open shades, turn on lights and play recorded music. You can not work the TV from this. You have to use the old fashioned remote.
The TV picture was out of proportion and the picture for HD looked more like low end camcorder video. The bed was comfortable and the towels were huge. It seems to me the hotel was VERY under staffed. It usually took 20 minutes to get the car delivered when you called valet. The elevator system is strange. Your room key activates the call button for the elevator. Actually there is no call button, the card does it. The elevator opens and it takes you to your floor without touching any other button. Problem is we had friends on another floor and they had to go down to the lobby and wait for me to come down to bring them up. It was the same when I went to their room. The pool was full of loud kids. You would think parents would say something to them, but no. The access to the beach and walking path is easy. My overall review of the St.Regis is to stay at a different hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience an exclusive enclave in Bal Harbour with luxury oceanfront accommodations, quiet unwavering taste, anticipatory service and seductive amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Agoda, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Bal Harbour Hotel Bal Harbour
- The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort Florida