“I expectex more for the price of this hotel.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort

The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Bal Harbour
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“I expectex more for the price of this hotel.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

My Hyundai was out of place one the narrow approach to the the valet area. They frowned at my pillow being in a white kitchen trash bag instead of a high end suite case.
We had just spend a few nights up the road at the Marriot Adventura (not on the water,1/3 the price) and really enjoyed staying there. Buffet breakfast at the St.Regis was $37.00, french toast was 18.00 and orange juice 7.00. I just don't get it. The room was on an upper floor with an ocean view. It is more like a restricted view. You can not see left as the building is a step pattern and the rooms to the left blocked the view. I could see the people in that room sitting at the table on the balcony. To the right is a large Condo building and they are painting all of the exterior storm shutters. All day they were grinding off old paint and it was noisy. At night, you can not keep the shades open as the units to the left can look in with ease. Also, If you open the door (no screens) the air conditioner shuts off. There is no light on the balcony, so we had to bring a lamp out to see at night. The toilet ran unless you jiggled the lever to stop it. The shower floor was very slippery.
They have a touch screen controller for the room to open shades, turn on lights and play recorded music. You can not work the TV from this. You have to use the old fashioned remote.
The TV picture was out of proportion and the picture for HD looked more like low end camcorder video. The bed was comfortable and the towels were huge. It seems to me the hotel was VERY under staffed. It usually took 20 minutes to get the car delivered when you called valet. The elevator system is strange. Your room key activates the call button for the elevator. Actually there is no call button, the card does it. The elevator opens and it takes you to your floor without touching any other button. Problem is we had friends on another floor and they had to go down to the lobby and wait for me to come down to bring them up. It was the same when I went to their room. The pool was full of loud kids. You would think parents would say something to them, but no. The access to the beach and walking path is easy. My overall review of the St.Regis is to stay at a different hotel.

Room Tip: When you check in they will try to up sell you. Our room ended in 06. all of the 06 rooms are the sa...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Jean P
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear Jean P,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience here at The St. Regis Bal Harbour. I am disappointed to read your experience left much to be desired, both from a service level and from an amenities standpoint. We appreciate all of the feedback we receive, both positive as well as negative, as it all helps us improve our guest service levels. We look forward to welcoming you back to the address, and you have our commitment to provide a 5-star guest experience for you and your family.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

The Star of Bal Harbour Shines Brightly

January 29, 2014

This property is amazing. It is the best property in Miami area. The location is first class, the beach is awesome, the facility and interiors are awe inspiring. Everything is high tech. The spa is just great. Food delicious. The rooms are some of the best I've seen. The suite upgrade I received was absolutely incredible. The views from the 2 balconies were breathtaking. It was the perfect place for my family to be weather stranded in January.
Ludovic is the best manager and a true hospitality guru. Noblesse oblige. Merci beaucoup. This is the place to stay in South Florida.

Dear ToniCTravelAmeniti,

Thank you for the lovely review of your recent stay with us at The St. Regis Bal Harbour. We are delighted to hear we exceeded your expectations, and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Dant Hirch
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

Everyone is so wonderful and accommodating.we had originally went to the fountainbleau but it was so loud and crazy we left and came here. Very relaxing and spacious rooms, we had a beautiful ocean and pool view. Service at the pool is great, not one negative word for staff, all wonderful!

Room Tip: Request a high ocean view
Dear Deena519,

Thank you for the lovely review of your recent stay with us. We are delighted you had a great stay, and look forward to welcoming you back again soon...

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I was at the hotle for the grand opening 3 years ago, I have since gone back every year with my family when the kids are off for winter break. We had another amazing experience. This hotel is the best. Also a special note for the best valet manager in the country Jose Sanchez. Service with a smile !

1 Thank stevenashear
Dear Stevenashear,

Thank you for your continued support of The St. Regis Bal Harbour. We are thankful for your return visits with your family, and I will be sure to share your kind words with Jose from our valet team. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back on your next visit.

Dant Hirsh
new jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

I just stayed at this hotel twice in 2 weeks. Left for the weekend and came back. I am a platinum member at SPG so on my first stay was upgraded to a large suite which was beautiful. Had 2 porches the service was top notch. Butler was by your room in no time and extremely helpful. On the second stay all they had was a junior suite which was fine by me. And all was great as the first stay. The only problems were which I was very surprised about being that the hotel had impressed me till then was the sliding door to the bathroom was broken and would not close and the toilet kept on getting stuffed. I had to have maintenance there a number of times to fix it. It's possible it was just that room but it really gave me a bad taste about a otherwise amazing hotel.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Abetr,

Thank you for sharing your experience here with the TripAdvisor community. I am happy to read you had two great stays, but am very sorry you encountered issues with your bathroom. I hope our maintenance team was able to resolve the issue swiftly. I apologize for the inconvenience this must have caused. I look forward to welcoming you back to Miami's Best Address.

Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

On our second visit to Miami we decided to try the fairly new St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort. Originally it was supposed to be a 4 night stay but due to bad weather conditions in New York we extended our stay to 8 nights in total.

It is a truly wonderful property located right in front of the beach from one side and the Bal Harbour shopping centre on the other. To the centre of Miami, like Ocean Drive for example it would take about 15-20 minutes by car.

In the hotel lobby you will find a very nice bar where live music is played on some of the evenings, and 2 restaurant where you can have breakfast, lunch and dinner. For lunch I highly recommend their truffles pizza! There's also a pretty small shop where despite it's size it seems they really have everything you might ask for.

On the lower floor you have access to the gym, outdoor pool and through the pool you walk right out to the wonderful beach. Also on the lower floor you will find the Remede Spa, which is probably one of the better spas I have ever visited. Facial, Manicures and of course a massage are the treatments I spoiled myself with and it was very much worth it as all the therapists were very professional. Also the front desk attendants at the spa are always very friendly.

The hotel has these newer elevators where it reads your room key, and gets one of the 4 elevators to lift you to your room floor. We were staying there with our family and since we were staying on different floors it was always a headache to visit them in their rooms. You literally have to go down to the reception and have the receptions call your family member or friend for permission to let you up to their floor. They said it's for security reasons but for us it was kind of frustrating. Anyways if your traveling with family or friends, ask to stay in the same floor to spare the hustle.

Also worth mentioning is the hotel room which was at a very high standard with smart home functions that let you control almost everything without having to get up from bed. The room is very well quipped with a large bathroom, wardrobe, bar, chill area with soft couches and last but not least a large balcony with the most beautiful view one can ask for.

Concierge, Reception and really almost everyone in the hotel is very friendly and makes you feel over comfortable while staying there. The only downside that I noticed was that there was only one Hotel Car and the poor driver was always in a hurry to try and keep everyone happy.

It was really a great and memorable stay for us and we already look forward to hopefully come back some time in the near future.

1 Thank Guy3103
Dear Guy3103,

Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed review of your recent stay with us. We are delighted to read your experience was wonderful, and you enjoyed the resort and its amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back to The St. Regis Bal Harbour.

Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

This is a hotel that has to be experienced to be believed. Can anyone do it better? I do not think so! There is not one aspect of this hotel that fails to meet a five-star level of delivery. If there was more than five, this hotel would easily qualify. The rooms were spacious, the staff were gracious. The amenities at a level that exceed our expectation. Room service was delivered punctually…even the coffee was piping hot. Additional surprises and something new appeared magically everywhere. Turn down service was efficient and flexible to our time. The bathrooms were as my wife says "to die for!" The Spa, which I used, was quiet, comforting and soothing. I am speechless in terms of finding the superlatives to commend this property. You MUST go here.

Room Tip: Every room seems to face the Ocean. Rooms ending in 02 and 06 have private butler service.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Lawrence2300,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at The St. Regis Bal Harbour. We are delighted to read your visit exceeded your expectations, and that you had a five-star experience. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bal Harbour
4.5 of 5 stars 1,716 reviews
COMO Metropolitan Miami Beach
#3 of 206 in Miami Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 1,115 reviews

Been to The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort? Share your experiences!