First of all the Hotel which has to be one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. The whole experience from start to finish was amazing. Any Europeans have a long journey to arrive here but you are welcomed so warmly and without hassle it removes all your tiredness from the journey. The rooms are extremely large and well appointed with the usual St Regis glitz and technology. An excellent choice of food at breakfast with attentive staff who cater for all diets and whims. Dinner at the J&G Restaurant was also excellent. The beach staff are amazing. They too look after you superbly, remembering your name, bringing you fruit and water during the day with nothing too much trouble. I had two spa treatments, a pedicure and a wrap both of which were excellent. The facilities in the spa are also of an extremely high standard and well laid out. On the beach side of the Hotel is a walking trail for about a mile which is used by many of the local residents in the morning, thats if you don't fancy the Hotel's gym(s), they have two, one for cardio and one for weights - amazing!
The Hotel itself is in an upmarket area of Miami about 15 minutes drive away from South Beach and Ocean Drive. The hotel organised a transfer from Miami Airport for us for $150. We took a taxi back to the airport from the Hotel and this cost $50. Across the road are all the top end designer boutiques with Saks and Nieman Marcus department stores. Also in this complex are two excellent restaurants as an alternative to that offered by the Hotel. One is French and the other Italian. Both are extremely busy and so it is advisable to ask the Hotel concierge to book them. There are also a couple of coffee shops on the first floor. Shopping is excellent at the Aventura Mall, about 15 minutes away, and if the Hotel Bentley is available the lovely chauffeur, I think his name is Lewis, will take you there - I kid you not! Unfortunately, he does not collect you! If you want an outlet mall, go to Sawgrass Mills. An express bus picks you up on the main road outside the hotel but it takes about an hour depending on the traffic. This place is massive - wear comfy shoes! Again the lovely concierge staff will book this for you.
Ladies - if you are intending to stay here, leave the Primark and H&M at home and bring Prada and D&G - or get your husband to buy it for you when you are there - this hotel is glitzy beyond belief in such a lovely way and so are the guests without even trying too hard. Gentlemen - just bring your credit cards because heaven on earth is expensive! Can't wait to return - with a whole new wardrobe!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience an exclusive enclave in Bal Harbour with luxury oceanfront accommodations, quiet unwavering taste, anticipatory service and seductive amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Priceline, TravelUp, Prestigia, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and TripOnline SA so you can book your The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Bal Harbour Hotel Bal Harbour
- The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort Florida