“Absolute MIA BLISS”

The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Bal Harbour
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Visited the St Regis Bal Harbour for a trip with a friend. Wanted something different than typical SOBE. Wow. This property delivered in spades!!!!!

PROs:
--SPG Pay w/ Points. I paid for the room with points from my Starwood account. Typical level 7 points...with SUPERIOR experience over other SPG level 7 properties
--beautiful property. Attention to detail abounds in every aspect of this property. The design aesthetic is a level of glamour unsurpassed by ANYTHING else in MIA (and I've been to many).
--service. The staff are amazing. Friendly. Proactive. Problem solvers. Fun. Just amazing. This is a pretty large hotel. And yet the staff still called me by name when they saw me around the property. Stopped to chat and ensure I had what I needed. Just wonderful
--great food. Yep. You expect it at st Regis but the food is as good as anywhere.
--WONDERFUL rooms. Man. We stayed in the relatively basic ocean view room #2004. And by basic, I mean lowest price...cause everything from the private elevator to our floor to the ocean view w/ loungers and surround sound, were FAR from basic. It was an AMAZING room. Again every detail was plush, luxurious, welcoming and practical all at the same time. The balcony is to die for. I hardly hung out by pool because my private balcony was so large and comfortable.

CONS (really scraping to come up with some)
--location. Bal Harbour is a nice place. But a bit north of sobe. Was great for the chill experience we wanted. But pricey cab ride if you want sobe fun.
--food prices. This is expected. So not a surprise. But be prepared. The good and beverage prices are astronomical!!!!!! Again. It is what you expect for a st regis in MIA.

All in all....absolute wonderful heavenly greatness! I WILL be back!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ATLHotelLuva
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear ATLHotelLuva,

Thank you for sharing such a detailed review of your recent stay. We are happy to hear you had a wonderful experience and that our staff made you feel like home. We are very proud of our staff and the amenities of our hotel, so it make each and every one of us happy to read reviews like yours. We look forward to welcoming you back to Miami's best address again soon.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

I´ve been to St Regis Bal Harbour last year, didn´t have a memorable experience and posted a review at Tripadvisor. At the time the manager apologized and said that I should contact him directly in case I ever decide to visit the hotel again.
That´s what I did when I booked a recent 5 night stay - and the manager promptly replied.
I have to say that this time everything was perfect! Wonderful room, great breakfast and flawless service!
Some companies ignore what customers have to say. Other, listen to them - and that´s what St Regis Bal Harbour did.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank CrisCorrea

Dear CrisCorrea,

Thank you for sharing your kind review here with the TripAdvisor community. I am happy to hear your return visit was flawless, and that you experienced the level of service expected at a five-diamond resort. We take every review very seriously, and thank you for sharing your experience.
We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed November 11, 2013

I have read the reviews but you truly don’t get the sense of service until you experience it. As soon as the car pulled up, the over-the-top service started and did not end until we left. We spent a lot of our time at the pool. Kurt was always there to greet us at the door with a smile and a few nice words. He would walk with us until we found a spot and then prepare the chairs for us. He always asked if he could get us something. All the pool service was excellent, but I would like to point out Rodrigo. He made our experience truly outstanding. For example, my wife was holding our baby while she was sleeping and Rodrigo came over and put pillows under her legs and arm. He did things to make our experience great the entire 3 days we were there.

Luis dropped us off in the Bentley (First time in a Bentley). It was fun talking with him as we cruised Collins Ave. This was a great way to end my trip to the St. Regis.

I have only one major complaint. This is a serious situation that needs to be looked at by management so it doesn’t happen again. Apparently, the hotel was put on water restriction (water undrinkable) the day before we arrived. At check in, no one told us about this restriction. Around 7, a member of the hotel staff dropped off a letter advising us not to use tap water. I was very upset because this was the first I heard of this and I was using tap water to make formula for my baby all day. Thankfully, my baby did not get sick.

Room Tip: All rooms are great
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Justin S

Dear Justin,

Thank you for your lovely review of our service at The St. Regis Bal Harbour. I am delighted to hear our staff made your stay extra special, and I will share this review with Kurt and Rodrigo at the Pool & Beach. In regards to the Boil Water notice, as we expressed in person, we took every effort to inform and alert guests of the notice in person and with letters, but please accept my sincere apology for the word not getting to you sooner. I am relieved to hear your baby was fine. We look forward to welcoming you back to Miami's best address.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

This is our second vacation at the St Regis Bal Harbour, the hotel is spectacular and we love the location, but most of all we enjoy our Butler Marc who really goes out his way to make us feel at home.
Great Service overall Pool and Beach, J&G, St Regis Bar.
We will come back !!

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear ChMunich,

Thank you for sharing these kind words about your recent stay with us. I am delighted you had a wonderful stay with great service all around, and I'll be sure to share with Marc. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Stepping into the St. Regis Bal Harbour is like stepping into a Las Vegas movie set. The hip, over-the-topness of it all could be a little off-putting to some, but the stellar service puts you at ease right away. The property is lovely--great outdoor space, beautiful beach, etc. The clientele, however is a different story: lots of older Russian gentlemen with their "daughters," young hipster New Yorkers dripping in Prada and louboutins, an older NY contingent rife with "sauce on the side" complaints and requests. WHERE AM I?!? The hotel is located among high-rise central, right on the street across from the Shops at Bal Harbour. It's a short drive to the South Beach scene--food and restaurants galore. Our suite was fantastic (though the lights/curtains/TV are so super hi-tech that you need a flow chart to switch on a lamp!) The breakfast buffet was equally terrific, but beware, the room is SMALL for a hotel that size. I also had a delicious cup of coffee one afternoon--for the bargain price of $7.50! Wow...
In summary--the high-rise, high-tech, high-fashion vibe is not really for me. If you're one who likes the intimate feel of a first-class resort (see Banyon Tree) look elsewhere...If you love that scene, you can't get much better than the St. Regis.

Room Tip: High floor on facing the ocean of course! Beware, the sun sets BEHIND the building, so by later af...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tyme4atrip

Dear Tripreviewgirl,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience here with the TripAdvisor community. I am happy to hear the service, amenities, and beautiful beach exceeded your expectations, but I am equally sorry that the other guests were not to your liking. Thank you again for sharing this feedback.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at many lovely 5 star hotels, but this hotel is truly a standout. The rooms are super comfortable and well thought out, in so many way. I am sure there is not a bad one in the place, and they all have views. The beach is lovely, the pool areas offer many different seating options and the staff is very attentive. I even looked into purchasing the mattress, thats how well we slept!

Room Tip: Do not think you can go wrong,
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Dear ParrotheadCt,

Thank you for the lovely review of your recent stay at The St. Regis Bal Harbour. I am delighted to read that the hotel was a true standout and you had a wonderful experience. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

My son and I spent one night here in October visiting another family and the hotel is absolutely incredible from the attention to detail to the incredible service!

Usually when I'm in Miami I love being in South Beach but after having stayed here I would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Go for the rooms higher up. We were on the 7th floor overlooking the ocean with a fabulous balcony...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear LondonGeorgia,

Thank you for the kind words regarding your recent stay. I am happy to hear you and your son had a wonderful stay, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Miami's best address.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bal Harbour
City Center
W South Beach
W South Beach
#17 of 212 in Miami Beach

Been to The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort? Share your experiences!