This was my second trip to the St. Regis Bal Harbour. After my last stay, I had a lengthy list of issues that I felt were keeping the hotel from realizing it's full potential. After my return trip, I can confidently say that this is now one of the premier beach resorts in the US. Almost all of the complaints I made in my first review have been addressed. What follows is a short list of changes made since my last stay that I feel have made a substantive difference in the quality of my stay.
The check-in process is much more streamlined and instead of being presented with water, we were all given a glass of rosé that was much appreciated after a day of travel. The privacy of the rooms is much improved through the addition of frosted glass panels on all of the balconies. While the staffing level of the port-chocère is the same, the front doors of the hotel are automatic so no more worries about the door not being opened. Umbrellas on the beach are now free and they have implemented a flag system for service on the beach. Service by the pool was much improved, with the Tranquility Pool being clearly marked and child free. The automatic 18% gratuity is still in place, but it has been wisely changed to read "Service Fee" which for some reason doesn't bother me quite as much when I've ordered one drink. Butler service was attentive, I did not have to make multiple requests for the same issue.
I took a chance by bringing two business associates along with me on the trip. I have to say, it was a great decision. Since we've returned home, they can't stop raving about it and both have said they'd return in a minute. All I can say is that I echo those sentiments. Completely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience an exclusive enclave in Bal Harbour with luxury oceanfront accommodations, quiet unwavering taste, anticipatory service and seductive amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Bal Harbour Hotel Bal Harbour
- The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort Florida