The Star of Bal Harbour Fading before Rising
Stayed at the property for the first time the second week of November. We came early for a conference so we could check the property.
I would say this is the most oustanding resort of this size in south florida.
However, I need to flag out several things for fellow spgs and for the management:
1. Check in: our status was not recognized properly and we did not receive upgrade.
2. Turn down was incomplete - no sleepers, no attention to detail.
3. The highest price paid for a breakfast that was at the level of a two stars hotel.
4. Asked for late check out whic was confirmed at check in and about 1PM a manager told me it was not granted and rushed us to release the room.
5. My wife took a tour of the spa and she was charged $35. Never refunded. That's how they stay in business.
6. Ordered a triple expresso and a quad expresso and was charged $57. When I asked the bar tender she insulted me stating that I was being nasty . The cost including the service charge and taxes should have been $27. This was a first at such a property.
I have to say that the front desk manager was nice to me.
This is a five stard property with four star service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience an exclusive enclave in Bal Harbour with luxury oceanfront accommodations, quiet unwavering taste, anticipatory service and seductive amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Bal Harbour Hotel Bal Harbour
- The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort Florida