The St Regis was quite an experience. We pulled up and were asked our names as the bags were unloaded and the car was taken away. When whe walked in the lobby less than a minute later, the front desk staff greeted us by name, had already begun check in, and were ready to complete it. And it was actually a desk rather than a counter - the process happened sitting down - after a gentleman emerged from nowhere with a tray holding two very cold hand towels (it was humid and hot even in December) and flutes of champagne. Not really necessary given my simple tastes, but it was quite the presentation, and my wife said the champagne was fabulous. We were taken to our room by the bellman (anywhere else I would have declined the offer) and it was truly impressive. The door entered into a foyer with floor to ceiling walls and floors made of some natural stone I now don't remember (granite?, marble?), which joined a long hallway (also with the floor to ceiling stone finish). Off one side of the hall was a huge bathroom with a shower and double sinks. He opposite side had another sink and toilet in one room, adjacent to a huge walk in closet. The hallway then ended at the entrance to the bedroom which was beautifully decorated in blue and metalic tones. All very fancy and perhaps slightly femine-looking to my eye. Beyond the bedroom was a wall of windows/sliding door that opened onto a huge balcony with really comfortable lounge furniture that overlooked the ocean. Everything was high tech electronically. The curtains could be opened and closed from th bed. How do I live without this feature at home? As noted in the title, I've not stayed at a nicer, more impressive hotel. We ate once at the pool and once at the restaurant downstairs (breakfast) and both meals were good. I couldn't recommend the St Regis more highly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience an exclusive enclave in Bal Harbour with luxury oceanfront accommodations, quiet unwavering taste, anticipatory service and seductive amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Bal Harbour Hotel Bal Harbour
- The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort Florida