Spent a quick weekend at the St. Regis Bal Harbour; while the rooms are modern and have nice views - left feeling disappointed by the hotel overall. I'm not quite sure what isn't clicking at this place but all weekend they just seemed unable to get things to work right - from the moment we walked in the place just seemed uncoordinated and uninterested in guests. For example, having housekeeping in the room when we first arrived, and turning off key card access at noon on checkout day leaving us unable to get in after we had already pre-arranged for a late checkout. Especially disappointed by the pool and beach service - it just wasn't easy, as you'd like things to be on a getaway. Both days it took 30 minutes from the moment we wanted a drink to finally get one; both days we had to seek out someone to set up our chairs for us, and in both cases then stand around and wait for them to get around to us rather than somebody being right there ready to set things up for the guests. Similar situations of frustration with the concierge after requesting the house car to go 4 blocks down the road to avoid walking in heels and him telling us it did not run after 6:30 pm and then giving us no alternative... I would say the hotel staff attitude is more of a "too bad for you" versus a "let me see how I can make this work" attitude that you get from other 5 star hotels. As for on-sight dining the staff is very friendly at the bar of J&G Grille with a nice wine selection and we also had good service at the wine & bar vault; spa facilities and treatments are as expected; probably the highlight of the trip was avoiding the public areas of the hotel and relaxing on the balcony utilizing the in-room service which was prompt and friendly.
Overall this just isn't the service I would expect from a 5 star hotel at this price point. I'll try out one of the other many hotels in the area for the next getaway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience an exclusive enclave in Bal Harbour with luxury oceanfront accommodations, quiet unwavering taste, anticipatory service and seductive amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Bal Harbour Hotel Bal Harbour
- The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort Florida