i recently went down for an annual conference for work in miami beach, which was held at the fontainebleau. the fontainebleau is a beautiful property, but after seeing st. regis opened a property up the street and having had a wonderful experience a few months ago at the monarch beach property, i was curious to try this one out.
i will just say this: the property did not disappoint. it is stunning and modern, and they go out of their way to make the stay as amazing as possible. i made the request to check in early and was traveling with the girlfriend and a female friend. the female friend was going to stay with some friends away from us, but accompanied us to check-in since we all had arrived early.
the early check-in request was actually made before our check-in date, as the st. regis butler staff actually called me about a week before to go through the reservation. while they could not promise me an early check-in, they did in fact accommodate me, and actually upgraded me to a corner suite (not sure what they call it, but it had two balconies, and four TVs if you include the one embedded in the bahtroom mirror, as well as a full bathroom and a sitting area with a separate TV for any guests that were staying in the suite with us).
the room was just stunning (suite 601 if you must know). everything was modern and well-appointed, and while the electronics and controls could be too much for some, we loved it because everything was a touch away, whether it meant opening the blinds or dimming the lights or changing the room temperature. i could go on about the suite, but if you read my other reviews, you will just have to know that this room is the best one i have stayed in yet.
even the elevator access was pretty amazing. you hold your room card to the elevator sensor, and it directs you to a specific elevator which takes you to the floor you are on. in our case, we had a private elevator that serviced our room and another--very nice.
the staff were very, very accommodating, and the facilities were fantastic. my only gripe might have been with the restaurant by jean-george, which i felt was a little bland. however, this is miami, and you can go anywhere you want to get some great food.
location is right across from the bal harbour shops, so traveling wives/girlfriends can shop to their heart's desire and relax in the remede spa.
pools are immaculate, and there is a family pool and an adults-only pool.
after my stay, the guest services manager, ali reda, called to follow up and addressed anything i had to say about my experience. this is truly world-class service, and my girlfriend and i will be staying in the st. regis in singapore in march.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience an exclusive enclave in Bal Harbour with luxury oceanfront accommodations, quiet unwavering taste, anticipatory service and seductive amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Prestigia, TravelUp, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Bal Harbour Hotel Bal Harbour
- The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort Florida