My wife and I spent 4 nights here. This property has so much potential, but the service was what you'd expect at a Marriott or Hyatt. Our delux suite was beautiful; however, the walls are paper thin. Our East European neighbors (understandably still adjusting to the time zone difference) decided to blast techno music at 6am. We called the butler who made sure they eventually turned the music down. At check in, we found the suite less than sanitary. A hair on the nightstand, a hair in the WC, and another hair on the sofa. The butler made sure someone came and cleaned immediately...so much for first impressions.
The housekeeping service was atrocious. Maybe I expect too much, but for $1k/night, I expect to have my suite cleaned each day, especially when I leave at 10am and return at 3:30pm. We did get housekeeping service the following day, but they forgot hand towels and soap...and never brought them!
The butlers are nice people...they mean well. Many were just plain inexperienced. Again, all were friendly, just not qualified to be working in this hotel.
The pools! Nice water and nice view, but why is their a lemon from the previous day still on the lounge table? Why are there palm leaves on the patio? Just plain dirty. Also, why are you so understaffed?
The positive of the pools...a great bartender (Antonio) as well as a few others. He and a couple of others definitely know service. I guess superior service by a few offsets the poor service by the majority.
Four Seasons, Ritz Carleton: consistent 4-star service. The experience here was so much less.
Positives: I must say that Ali, the manager, as well as the pool manager- John (I believe), were the most service oriented managers I met in a while. I'd definitely hire both in a flash! They did everything they could to accomodate for the sloppiness of the service. Also, Sean, in the Lobby Bar, was great! He was friendly and knowledgeable...and very helpful. Again, Antonio at the pool bar, was great! Fun to chat with and a true professional.
I know we were there prior to the grand opening weekend, still, if you are open for business, you'd better be ready. 4 nights of luxury should be just that. Not me having to wait for ice 10 min) no ice machines because the butlers bring your ice, not finding blond hair everywhere in our suite (I'm bald and my wife's hair is dark brown.
Again, Ali, John, Antonio, and Sean made this stay enjoyable. My wife and I will return to St. Regis Bal Harbour, but they've got to do better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience an exclusive enclave in Bal Harbour with luxury oceanfront accommodations, quiet unwavering taste, anticipatory service and seductive amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Bal Harbour Hotel Bal Harbour
- The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort Florida