All reviews front desk wrapping paper concord mall enjoyed our stay the hotel staff room was clean and comfortable first floor recent stay fitness room stayed one night complimentary breakfast nice stay parking lot longwood gardens bistro ralph jasmine
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed here for four nights while attending an educational workshop at Winterthur. First, this is a Marriott Courtyard, which has well-defined services and a defined "look". It is not a full-service hotel. It is geared toward younger road warriors. That said, this is a very good Courtyard! It is very clean and the staff incredibly friendly. It is well located, just a bit outside downtown Wilmington but very well situated for touring all the sites of the Brandywine valley. It has a nice indoor pool, a small fitness room and a small "deli"-type area where you can get quick breakfast meals and snacks-type foods. No room service but there is a very nice free coffee center to get your morning Joe. In the evening, they provided fresh-baked cookies and popcorn. However, just across the parking lot and very much within a very safe walking distance (a few steps, really) is a food center (like a shopping center) that contains several very popular chain restaurants--T.G.I. Fridays, Longhorn Steakhouse, Red Lobster, Olive Garden and a Barbeque restaurant, as well as a Kohl's department store. Just down the road, although not within easy walking distance are two larger shopping centers with drug store, Macy's, Chili's and Macaroni
Grill. All good for family shopping and dining. The Wilmington area transit buses stop at the hotel if you want to take the bus into downtown, without having to drive in the traffic. This is very near Winterthur, a short 10-15 minute drive through some beautiful scenery. Again, this was a great value for the money---a good clean, safe place with friendly and efficient staff, comfortable beds and bed linens and some services if you need anything.

Room tip: We were in a room on the third floor, toward the back of the hotel. It was very quiet.
Date of stay: April 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
CourtyardBrandywine, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Wilmington Brandywine, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Courtyard by Marriott Wilmington Brandywine. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your time visiting the Wilmington area and had a great stay at the Courtyard. We hope you come back and visit us again.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Was there on business. I am disappointed that Marriott has gone to a cash restaurant, and no complementary breakfast. The food was overpriced and looked like it had been brought in last week. The room was okay, but there was confusion when I checked in -- the clerk wanted to put me in a double, when I clearly indicated I wanted a king (and had it confirmed on my email rez). I got what I wanted, but why confusion? For the money, you can surely do better with some internet research.

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback on your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott. We apologize for any inconvenience you had at check-in. All of our Bistro amenities are mandated by Marriott so that we can provide guests with fresh food selections.

Again, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

In some respects, the worst thing you can say about the modern courtyard hotel is that if you have seen one, you have seen them all, but that is also sometimes the best thing you can say. Same check in lobby, same bistro, same coffee... (sometimes there is some difference in the exercise rooms) and pretty much the same hotel room. I like the 32" flat screen (with accessible HDMI ports so that I can connect my tablet), I like the lighter duvet that is washed in-between occupants, vs the gross bedspreads of some hotels, but I have yet to understand why any one bed needs 6 pillows! Anyway, good solid hotel, pleasant staff and (for the most part) recently renovated.

Date of stay: February 2013
GeneralManager53, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Wilmington Brandywine, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Wilmington Brandywine Courtyard; I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to review your experience with us. Some of the greatest aspects of staying at a Courtyard is that it provides guests with consistency, functionality, safety, and comfort. All Courtyards have started using the new duvet, which I think definitely emphasis on the brand experience “refreshing business”. Again, thank you for choosing to stay at the Wilmington Brandywine Courtyard; we look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to the area

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Staff is very friendly, room and lobby was clean and fresh. Walking distance to a bunch of chain restaurants, mall a mile away. Internet worked just fine. Excercise room was nice enough. No complaints - I wish all stays were this easy. I'll stay here again.

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Thank you for the amazing remarks; it was a pleasure having you stay at the Wilmington Brandywine Courtyard. I am pleased that the service you received overall was to your satisfaction and our newly renovated rooms exceeded your expectations. Thank you for choosing to stay at the Wilmington Brandywine courtyard, we look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to the area.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I recently stayed at this Marriott for the weekend. I wanted to take my elderly mom out of her assisted living facility and let her spend a few days with us so she could see her great-grandchild whom she hasn't seen for 2 years. The Marriott staff was very pleasant and factual when I called to inquire about a handicapped room that would accomodate 3 adults and a child. Unfortunately, there was no cot available, which would have made sleeping more comfortable. A safety issue did occur while my mom was using the bathroom. I informed the staff immediately and it was resolved on the spot. The quick action of the hotel staff allowed my mom to feel comfortable being in the room the rest of the weekend. Thank you to Tina, manager, for her prompt and personal attention. The lobby and Bistro are very pleasant areas to relax and enjoy a conversation. Thank you to Abigail for the great chocolate milk smoothees for my grandson! Hotel rooms were recently renovated and we all enjoyed the pool and hot tub. I highly recommend you consider this hotel if you need a place for a family weekend getaway.

Room tip: The handicapped room is spacious even with 2 queen beds, a side chair and a computer desk. Toilet in this room is standard - low, but ok with the rail on the wall. HC room on second floor was quieter than being on first floor near the pool. Heat and AC worked well.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you for the great feedback and thank you for choosing to stay at the Wilmington Brandywine Courtyard; it was a pleasure having you with us. The staffs are sincerely thrilled that your experience with us exceeded your expectations. I honestly apologize about the incident that occurred during your stay, the maintenance staffs worked very hard to insure this do not transpire again. Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Wilmington Brandywine courtyard.