“Great Staff, Great Area, Shabby Building”

Courtyard by Marriott Wilmington Brandywine
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed November 8, 2012

The Brandywine area is a no brainer, great place to be in for shopping and food. The staff here were over the top. The rooms were old and really need a do over, I mean a real do over. I am returning to the area next week and I decided to stay back at the Marriott in the PHL airport and drive down each day.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
CourtyardBrandywine, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Wilmington Brandywine, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Wilmington Brandywine courtyard. I am glad that the staff provided you with excellent customer service, for we take pride in assuring that every guest experience a remarkable stay. We are in the process of completely renovating all of our guest rooms and we are very excited about this transition. We hope to see you when the renovation is over, please contact the hotel for more information about this. Thank you for choosing to stay at the Wilmington Brandywine Courtyard during your recent visit and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Thanks
Patricia

Reviewed October 30, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for almost a week while our home was being repaired. Good restaurants and shopping nearby. Staff very friendly and eager to assist. Lobby was very nice and contemporary. Room was acceptable & clean but the decor was not as nice as other Marriott Courtyard locations we have visited. I know this hotel had undergone renovations on the lobby and rooms. Perhaps our room had yet to be renovated. The room (with 2 queen size beds) felt small and lacked a microwave. There was a microwave in the gift shop area which was unusual and not the most convenient place. In addition, our room came with a very small, old, and beat up refrigerator. I have never seen such a refrigerator in the worst dorm room, let alone a hotel of Marriott's standard. Nonetheless, the staff replaced our refrigerator with a more acceptable one once we brought it to their attention. Why they thought a beat up, rusted on the inside fridge would be acceptable for any guest beats me (minor infraction). Complimentary tea, coffee, and water was provided which was great, but no free breakfast. Would certainly return to the hotel, but less likely when traveling with our children.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
CourtyardBrandywine, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Wilmington Brandywine, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2012

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay; it was a pleasure having you and your family here with us for a week. I would like to inform you that our rooms do not have refrigerator and microwave; these amenities are given upon request, usually during the reservation process or at check in. I do apologize that an old refrigerator was brought to your room; I did disused this issue with the housekeeping manager and can assure you this will not occur again. All of our guest room refrigerators were replaced recently and are very new. Our lobby area were recently renovated, but our rooms are going under renovation by December 2012. All Courtyards have transitioned towards the Bistro concept, which includes fast, fresh and healthy choices for breakfast and dinner. Unfortunately, we no longer have the free breakfast, but we do have the “Stay for Breakfast” rate which includes breakfast for 2 to 4 at a reasonable price. Thank you for choosing to stay at the Wilmington Brandywine courtyard. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

When I walked in I was met by" Hello how can I help you" and a
smile. The service was fast and finding my room was easy. The room and bath were both clean. Having the sink outside the bath helped with two in the room helped a lot. The bed were big and comfortable. With the lack of a free breakfast the beautiful dining area with a nice menu and even nicer servers made up for it. The hotel was close to both fun shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
CourtyardBrandywine, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Wilmington Brandywine, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments about your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Wilmington Brandywine. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and will return. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Great location with a very helpful staff. Especially front desk employee Christine Song. A wonderful network of trails to run, hike or bike on right in the corner of the parking lot. Several convenient restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
GeneralManager53, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Wilmington Brandywine, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to inform us about your stay at the Wilmington Brandywine Courtyard. I am Delighted that you were overall satisfied. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

My 2 major issues with my stay was customer service. There was a problem with the drain in the bathtub. I alerted the desk at 8 AM when I left for the day and when I returned after 6 PM -- nothing had been done. They assured me that issue would be resolved by the time I got back from dinner. It was not. I was told it would be fixed that night. It was not. As we had a long drive, we left at 7 AM on Sunday using the automatic check out feature. The desk clerk followed us out to the parking lot demanding to know if we had checked out and paid for our rooms. Not the sharpest pencil in the box!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to inform us about your stay at the Wilmington Brandywine Courtyard, every review is important because it gives us the opportunity to reflect on our performance and improve. It is my greatest regret that your experience with us was not splendid, and I do apologize. I did address these issues with the front office staff and I can assure you this will not occur again. Please contact me at your earliest convenient to discuss this matter further at 302-477-9500. I look forward to hearing for you soon.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

I was surprised by how beautiful this hotel was. The lobby was grand and receptionist very warm and welcoming. The rooms were clean and the beds were very comfortable. The fitness center was state of the art and the pool/hot tub were not grand but did the trick.The only down side is that they do not have a free breakfast. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Wilmington Brandywine Courtyard; it was a pleasure having you with us. I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your experience. I am thrilled that you were overall satisfied with the services provided you. Please contact the hotel about our next reservation, we do have the “stay for breakfast rate” which includes free breakfast for 2 to 4 people at a reasonable price. We look forward to seeing you during your next visit to Wilmington DE.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Stayed at the hotel on final leg of east coast trip and found that Christina Song was most pleasant and helpful. Her demeanor and smile were terrific..was surprised however that breakfast was not available without charge. Think when you spend good money for hotel service breakfast should be provided.

Room Tip: Stayed at other Courtyards and the beds were much more comfortable.