“Staff were great.”

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Wilmington
Frederick, Maryland
“Staff were great.”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

When we first went there the parking lot was under contruction and we couldn't find a place to park. I don't remember his name but the Marriott representative let us park in the coned area so we could check in quickly, unload, and take our 4-year old to the room and then park across the street. When we got to the room we found out there was no refrigerator to chill our medications, we called down and within 15 minutes we had a refrigerator. While everyone was great, Jun checked us in and out and she always had a smile and was extremely pleasant as she recited all the amenities that were available. Anytime we are in Wilmington this is the hotel we will return to.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
GeneralManager53, General Manager at Courtyard Wilmington Brandywine, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Wilmington Brandywine Courtyard, I honestly appreciate you letting us know about your stay. Thank you for the wonderful remarks; we are delighted to hear that you had a great experience. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I was greeted by a very charming person at the front desk. Her name was Christina. Very helpful about where to get a good meal, and other local information. Very positive upbeat personality. The property is just starting a renovation and they are going out of their way to make sure guests are comfortable. Will be even better when finished.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Manhattan, Kansas, United States
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I feel very comfortable in this hotel. The staff Christine Song is really nice, and provided a lot of help for me, thank you so much! The internet in the room is fast. I was in the first floor, behind the room there is a very nice backyard full of grass and trees. Especially, after getting out of a door, you will see a trail in the trees, nice!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jiarui L
Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Wilmington Brandywine Courtyard; it was a pleasure having you with us. I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your experience, your feedback enables us to reflect on our performance and work on exceeding your expectation next time. I am thrilled that you were overall satisfied with the services provided to you. I am glad that you liked the Brandywine pike trail; which is alternative for a great outdoor work out. We look forward to seeing you during your next visit to Wilmington DE.
Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We were attending a wedding in the area and decided to stay at this hotel. I requested and early arrival and they were able to accomodate us. We were greated by a very pleasant front desk attendant upon arrival. When we met staff in the halls we were greated by a hello.

We were able to use the pool area prior to attending the wedding because of the early arrival. The pool area was very relaxing and clean, even had an outdoor courtyard to relax in outside of the indoor pool area.

Our room was very comfortable and clean. The next morning we used the pool area again before checking out. We did not use the restaurant at the hotel. However, next door to the hotel you have a choice of many chain restaurants and the Concord mall in right up the street.

I would use this hotel again if we need accomodations in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
GeneralManager53, Manager at Courtyard Wilmington Brandywine, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Thank you for the spectacular review. It was our pleasure having you at the Wilmington Brandywine courtyard and I am delighted that you had an excellent stay. Please visit our bistro during you next stay, breakfast is for 6am to 10:30 and dinner is 5pm to 10pm. Also happy hour is 5pm to 7pm with discounted cocktail, wine, beer and appetizers. Our rooms are being completely renovated with new layout and décor starting November 2012. I look forward to seeing you during your next visit to Wilmington DE.
Chicago
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Poorly trained staff who did not register us correctly and this led to 10:00 and 10:00pm knocks on our door to ask who we were and why weren't we registered. They also tried to call our room, but of course, the phones weren't working. Felt we should have been compted for something, but got nothing.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank NormChicago
, General Manager at Courtyard Wilmington Brandywine, responded to this review, June 24, 2012
Thank you very much for your feedback and i absolutely want to assure that this matter was addressed with the front desk staff. At the courtyard we pride ourselves in giving guests a positive experience. It is my greatest regret that your stay did not meet this standard. Again I truly appreciate that you have taken the time to let us know about this matter and we hope you give us another opportunity to give you a positive experience. Please feel free to contact me in discussing this matter further.
DE
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Totally average hotel. Nothing special. Weird white powder in spots all over the rug. Housekeepers clearly trying to push you out of room... First knock on the door at 8 am ... I mean ... Really? Nothing remarkable ... Nothing awful. Just totally average ... But it gripes me to pay $125 for a very basic room.

• Stayed June 2012
Thank you for the review, I truly appreciate you taking the time to let us know about you stay with us. We appreciate every review great or bad because this gives us the opportunity to reflect on our performance and improve on it. this matter was discussed with housekeeping. We hope to see you soon on you next trip to Wilmington DE. Thanks you.
Reviewed May 2, 2012

I usually find myself staying at another hotel chain so staying here was different.

Let me begin by saying I like this place and would stay again but the colorful lobby decor took sometime to get use to and the staff were very friendly.

The room, bathroom and bed met my expectations and I found the hotel quiet and easy to get to sleep.

The hotel is located near upscale shopping and dining.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
CourtyardBrandywine, General Manager at Courtyard Wilmington Brandywine, responded to this review, May 4, 2012
Thank you very much for the great review! We truly believe that it's the people that make the difference between a good hotel and a great one. We truly have a GREAT team here and we appreciate you staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again very soon !