Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington - Brandywine Valley
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed July 22, 2006

We stayed at the Homewood Suites on Rocky Run Blvd. in Delaware this past weekend and it was a delight! The staff were friendly and efficient, the heated pool crystal clear, the food freshly prepared and the room large and clean. We especially enjoyed having a bedroom separate from the rest of the room.

Stayed: June 2006
3  Thank kmmrash

Reviewed July 14, 2006

Stopped overnight at Homewood en route to DC. We didn't expect much as we were just looking for a clean place to sleep. Were we ever surprised to see how big the room was! It was clean too and had a small alcove kitchen. This appears to be a business hotel where people (consultants?) stay while doing business with the local industry (pharmaceuticals?) There is a calendar in the room that shows different events on weeknights (like Italian night, BBQ night). They appear to have happy hour events almost every night. We were there on the weekend and didn't see that though. We did eat the complimentary breakfast. It had a fairly wide selection and wasn't half bad. As for location, you are basically behind a strip mall in an area of Wilmington that feels very suburban. It worked well for us and we would stay again if we needed to be in Wilmington again.

Stayed: April 2006
4  Thank Blodgett
A TripAdvisor Member
Bel Air, MD
Reviewed June 18, 2006

My husband and I stayed at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington - Brandywine Valley for one night. We were surprised at the size of the suite, way more than we needed, but still very affordable.
To us, the most important detail in a hotel room is cleanliness, and the Homewood Suites was spotless!
The King bed was great, with soft sheets and comfortable pillows -- not your standard hotel linens!
Towels were large and fluffy, shower was very clean, shower curtains appeared to be new.
Even though we didn't really use the kitchen, it had everything you would need for an extended stay.
The breakfast was better than most that we've had in hotels recently. The scones were a highlight for me!
The only negative for me was that the air conditioning unit was so loud that it woke me up every time it came on.

• Stayed: June 2006
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 1, 2006

The room was reallly clean and very spacious. The front desk was very attentive and helpful. The price (weekend rate) was really reasonable, especially considering that a full breakfast (hot and cold) was included in the price. I only wish we had been staying for longer than one night!

• Stayed: May 2006
1  Thank CACAFG
Reviewed April 24, 2006

We have stayed at this hotel 3 or 4 times over the last several years. We are a family of four with two children under the age of 10, and this hotel is super top notch. It is extremely clean and well run. There is great attention to detail. The breakfast is excellent and well-tended-to by the staff. Rooms are typical for a Homewood Suites, but somehow more elegant. Rooms overlooking the courtyard in the rear have an excellent view of a horse farm, which is nice. The hotel is very convenient to all amenities on route 202. It is within walking distance to a set of restaurants - Olive Garden, Red Lobster, TGIF - which makes it quite convenient. To my dismay, the John Harvard's Brewpub has closed - this was a really great family place with good food (and of course good beer). Also close by are a Macaroni Grill and Applebees. There are many malls and restaurants within 2-3 miles in either direction.

We use it as a base for touring north into southern PA, to places such as Longwood Gardens. We'll definitely be returning in the coming years.

• Stayed: April 2006
7  Thank NomadCT
Reviewed March 20, 2006

Having stayed here in Dec. of 2004 and having given a review labled as fantastic, I was eager to see if anything had changed. Nothing has. The rooms and common areas are still spotless. The breakfast is still more than adequate. The rooms are large and functional. No closed in feeling here. With a well stocked kitchen area you can even eat in if you choose to do so. I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else in the Willmington area.

• Stayed: March 2006
5  Thank sheltercove
Reviewed January 7, 2006

Read Trip Advisor prior to my Stay at Homewood Suites -Wilmington/Brandywine and they lived up to the Reviews. Absolutely top notch. Walking into the lobby I was pleasantly surprised to see the decor was tastefully done. I was greeted with a smile by a young woman who was in Professional Attire and was very pleasant and courteous. When I checked into my Suite I was surprised yet again to see how spacious it was and immaculate. All decor top quality, full kitchen, bedroom with King bed off to the side, living room and BR both had a beautiful view of Horses in a Horse Pasture in the back. Housekeeping deserves a pat on the back...well done! Very quiet. I felt very safe since I traveled alone. Nice restaurants and shopping, movies within walking or short driving distances. Internet access. Breakfast was wonderful in the downstairs lounge and the fireplace was beautiful. I will definately use this establishment as my next stop over when I travel to the area and the rates are very acceptable. Keep up the great work!

• Stayed: January 2006, traveled on business