“A Fantastic and Friendly Hotel”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington - Brandywine Valley
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We were in Room 423, on July 4th 2014 weekend, for a mini family reunion at this Hotel, and it was a perfect choice for all of us who attended. We also saw that there were other families that were also hosting their family reunion at this Hotel as well. This Hotel has a lot of nice things about it, like several meeting rooms and a few conference rooms, a nice fitness center, a wonderful outdoor pool and patio seating area that also has two Grills for guest to enjoy cooking outdoors, lovely & comfortable lobby lounges, with TVs, a business center, laundry room for guest, and a very very nice complimentary hot and tasty breakfast, a nature walking trail and very close to some attractions and things to do in the area that also include a host of popular Restaurants & Malls & big Supermarket. Some restaurants are a very short walking distance (a walk across the parking lot). Every room in this Hotel is a Suite, with a full kitchen that is fully equipped with pots and pans, dishes, utensils, cups, coffee, dishwasher, garbage disposal, cook top stove & Microwave, full size refrigerator & lots of cabinet space. Each Suite has lots of good closet space as well, the Suites at this Hotel are set up like mini apartments that provide a very homey feeling for guests to enjoy with comfort.

The Hotel had very friendly staff that appeared happy with their jobs and willing to please the guest, the hotel was also very clean in the rooms and all areas throughout the property. This Hotel is also conveniently not that far from many forms of transportation (Greyhound, Amtrak, and the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania International Airport is about 20 minutes in a Taxi Ride). This Hotel is also not far off of the Highway of Interstate 95, which makes it also convenient for driving to and from off the Highway.

I have absolutely nothing bad to say or complain about with this Hotel, it was fantastic for all of us who attended my family's mini reunion at this Hotel weekend stay, and it seems like all the other guests were also enjoying their stay at this place. I certainly recommend this Hotel and me and my family would stay here again if in this area of Wilmington, Delaware. Be sure to see the multitude of photos that I took of this property.

Room Tip: Quieter Rooms are better to find on the upper floors of this Hotel, the ground floor does have Rooms...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed July 3, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 4 days this past week. Since this was a Hilton hotel we were expecting big things and this hotel delivered!

Our suite was large, clean, and spacious. There was a living area with a sofa bed couch and chair, a dining table, and a kitchen equipped with a 2 burner stove, refrigerator, microwave, and dishwasher. The refrigerator came in handy as we had traveled with some snacks that needed to stay cold. The bedroom had a large king sized bed and the bathroom was a decent size. We were happy with how clean and large it was. On the refrigerator was a dinner menu for the week.

Another great thing about this hotel are the meals. It's not that they are anything special but having a hot breakfast and dinner everyday was really nice. We didn't have to spend the extra money and the food was decent. For breakfast they have bagels, oatmeal, waffles, fruit, juice, and cereal everyday d then a rotation of eggs, egg scrambles, breakfast meats, potatoes, etc. so everyday is different. Dinner is served Monday through Thursday and everyday there is a salad bar, cheeses, and fresh vegetables. One night we had chicken, potatoes, broccoli, dinner rolls, and lemon meringue pie. Another night the staff grilled out hamburgers, hot dogs, BBQ ribs, and BBQ chicken with potato salads, macaroni salads, coleslaw, and fruit salad for dessert. It's a really nice display.

As others have said, the man with the red hair always seems to be around and he is wonderful. He's friendly, makes sure things are running smoothly, and handles the food.

One of the days we were there they were having maintenance done on the pool and it was closed all day. We were very disappointed but spoke with the manager James. He took our concerns into consideration and gave us passes to a lovely nearby pool. He was very apologetic and did everything he could to make it right. He was also a huge help in the business center when the printer wasn't working. I felt that he wanted us to enjoy our time and made sure we did.

The pool is very nice. It is fairly large and has lounge chairs and tables surrounding it. It was the perfect place to lounge throughout the day.

The hotel also has a 24 hour beverage bar complete with coffee, hot tea, and hot cocoa. It was nice to be able to grab a beverage no matter what time of day it was.

This was a great hotel and we will definitely put Homewood Suites on our list of hotel in the future!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 26summer
Reviewed July 3, 2014

If you don't care about being in a non-smoking room or suite, this hotel is probably fine. The bed was comfortable, the linens were very nice, the living room furniture was acceptable, the carpet was very cheap, and the kitchen was perfectly functional. The windows opened, though one window wouldn't stay up properly. There was only dim lighting in the suite, with not enough lamps or overhead lights, but the kitchen and bathroom were adequately lit which is where it matters most.

The problem is that our supposedly non-smoking suite reeked of cigarette smoke. The HVAC system seemed to be making it much worse, with the air from the HVAC making the room worse and worse. With almost 90 degree weather outside, we had to turn off the HVAC entirely. That's insane. I don't know whether previous guests had been smoking in the room for weeks, or whether this was simply that the HVAC system recycled air from the smoking rooms, but it was entirely unacceptable. The front desk staff said that the room was officially non-smoking, and didn't care in the slightest that we couldn't breathe comfortably. I was very disappointed, given the positive reviews here which had led us to select this hotel in the first place. There's no way we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Even non-smoking rooms may be filled with smoke.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank FreqTravelerBoston
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I have never stayed at a Homewood Suites before and I was pleasantly surprised. I was expecting something more like an Embassy Suites: front room, back room with bed, bathroom. This is more like an efficiency apartment with a kitchen -- freezer with ice maker, two burner cooktop unit, microwave, dishwasher, little coffee maker. Missing a conventional oven but not a deal breaker for me. Generous living/dining/working area with easy chair and hide-a-bed couch. Nice hallway closet along with a good closet in the large bedroom. Full size dresser in the bedroom with plenty of drawers (I like drawers and am frustrated that so many high end hotels skimp on drawers!). Bathroom adequate. I travel solo so this is not a big deal for me; couples or families may wish for a double sink and/or a larger bathroom. I did not sample the free breakfast nor dinner but upon observation it seemed fine/what one would expect. My base rate was $156/night which to me seemed like a bargain given the square footage. Housekeeping was fairly attentive; each night the few dishes I used had been placed in the dishwasher and the dishwasher had been run. A bit wasteful but still nice to come "home" to. Looking at some recent reviews, I did not have an issue with smoking versus non-smoking (my room was non-smoking and did not stink at all) but I would say the free wifi was a bit slow. I switched to my hot-spot unit because the cell coverage was excellent so I was able to get a faster connection that way.

Room Tip: Only four stories tall but I always try to get as high as possible. It's on a quiet street so al...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Our hotel room was not an ordinary hotel room. It was equipped with a full kitchen. It had a living room with a sleeper sofa and a king size bedroom. There was a vanity outside the bathroom which made it easy for two people to get ready at the same time. It gave you the feeling of being home. It was not the usual crowded hotel room.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Wonderful. Staff was friendly and helpful the rooms both public and rooms were clean. The breakfast buffet was very good and the dinner buffet was a nice treat. I would hope to stay again on a family vacation

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I love this hotel!! Great customer service. I felt like I was home. The bathroom was very clean and I love the pool. The security guy that works over night was very nice and helped me take my luggage to my car and the breakfast muffins are delicious.

• Stayed: June 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilmington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Wilmington
Hilton Garden Inn Kennett Square
Hilton Garden Inn Kennett Square
#1 of 2 in Kennett Square
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Downtown Wilmington - Legal District

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington - Brandywine Valley? Share your experiences!