“A wonderful surprise”

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Wilmington
new york
“A wonderful surprise”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

On our way to williamsburg va we stopped for the night at the homewood Suites. We were very surprised and impressed with the quality of this hotel. Our suite was very nice, roomy and comfy...don't forget to ask for a non smoking room.

We arrived in time for dinner which was good as was breakfast. It was a hot night and the outdoor pool was great, in a lovely setting.

We would surely stay at a Homewood Suites Hotel again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Sutton, United States
Reviewed September 12, 2013

For the amount of room we received, the value was excellent. The only complaint I have is that the oull out sofa was extremely uncomfortable. The staff was also excellent. The facilities were in good condition, especially the kitchen and bath.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Thomas C
Laurel, Maryland
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel about three nights a month from April, 2013 to July 2013. My wife and I really love the place. I work for the Government and pay Government Per Diem rate. Unfortunately, the Hotel's government rate is higher than my Per Diem by $12 and my agency has asked me to get a hotel at Per Diem rate. I will be visiting Wilmington for three nights a month on business for at least the next couple of years. In August I was forced to stay at a hotel next door that accepts the $114 Per Diem rate and I really hated it. I am ready for my September trip aand called the Sales Coordinator at Homewood Suites, but unfortunately the Per Diem rate remains $126. I will be forced to stay elsewhere, but I really, really love the Homewood Suites. The breakfast and dinner, including beverages are unbeatable; so is the ambience of the hotel. It is a great place to stay and I highly recommend it. I wish hotel management can give me some concession. Thanks.

Eddie O
Laurel, MD

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Ohio
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Suites are 2 rooms w BR down a short hallway with its own door. Heat/AC units inadequate. Second room took 24 hours to adjust temperature. Heat/AC units noisy or very noisy - and they are right in a closet in the suite located between the 2 rooms. Overall this hotel is not up to Homewood standards. The carpeting, etc needs to be spiffed up. Wouldn't stay again

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

1 Thank neverstoptraveling
Saratoga Springs, New York
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stayed here while traveling from Maine to Florida, so our biggest requirement was that it was not far out of our way. We were happy with our stay in most every way. The only thing I can say that sorely needed improvement was the breakfast which was very blah, messy and the area was not particularly clean.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank FatsNY
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Great Place -- would definitely come back again. Breakfast is awesome. Friendly staff, restaurants everywhere. Stayed on the first floor and all rooms are very close to your car. 24 hour coffee was a plus for me!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Round Rock, Texas
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel for going on 15 years and I've never had a disappointing stay. I used to work for the DuPont company both in Wilmington and in Victoria TX. So travels normally brought me here. After retiring, we stay here when visiting in the area and never think of staying anywhere else. Price is right, it is quiet, backs up to the Brandywine Valley which itself it gorgeous and it is close to all amenities, including Longwood Gardens, Delaware Art Center, and some back roads jaunts will take you through to Hoopes Reservoir and Granogue. Stunning countryside, probably some of the finest in the country.

Room Tip: We like to get rooms in the back by the horse farm, and take a little stroll before settling in for...