WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington - Brandywine Valley

Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington - Brandywine Valley
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Wilmington
Watchung, New Jersey
“Great Value for the Money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

My wife and I stayed one night for a conference we were attending. The accomodations are exceptional for a mid-scale hotel. The lobby is beautiful and the rooms are well appointed. The bed was very comfortable and the free hot breakfast was delicious. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Everything about this hotel was wonderful. We like to stay in DE as our base and travel to nearby states. This was my first visit to this hotel. From the time we checked in at 1am to the time we checked out, everyone was so friendly and helpful. Not only were the hotel staff members great, but everyone we dealt with in the area was wonderful.

The suites are great for families, big and small. There is a snack shop downstairs and the prices were not inflated like other hotels. The location is near a mall and there are great restaurants in both directions. When I checked out, I definitely planned on returning.

The day after checking out, we realized my son left his brand new North Face coat. I called the hotel and left messages with everyone hoping they'd find it, but thinking someone would take it home. The nice people at the hotel found it and called me! I was happy and touched by their kindness.
On the way to the airport, we picked up the coat. :-)

I was out of time to do something special for their staff, but I will send them a nice surprise. I think you should definitely stay at this hotel! It's not often that you enjoy a stay this much. The people really make it more enjoyable. The desk attendants, housekeeping, kitchen staff, grounds...everyone is wonderful. As you can see, I can't praise them enough.

See you next time and thanks again!

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank lsutdw
Clinton TN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

The service provided by the management and staff at the Wilmington, DE Homewood suites far exceeded my expectations. The lobby was immaculate and welcoming, as was the common eating area. The room was thoroughly cleaned and well supplied throughout my stay. The internet connection was stable and the room had a small office desk that provided the perfect place to finish up the day's work. Monday through Thursday, substantial meals were served from 5-7 pm, which were very good. It was apparent from the moment I entered the hotel that the staff and management really cared and did all they could to make me feel it was a home away from home. I would definitely return to this hotel in the future.

SINGAPORE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I am a frequent vistor to this Hotel. What i found on the recent trip was that the front desk has improved by leaps and bounds. They were smiling warmly,resourceful and interested in solving the issues.The travel agent had got my arrival date incorrectly advised and on checking in the Asst Gen.Manager stepped in and heard me and in less than a second had addressed the issue very professionaly.Why more service industry people don't get it amazes me.He won me over for Hilton chain with his attitude which showed "I care for you". Later on the day of my departure i enquired about a cab to the airport and Nicole from the front desk took the details and booked for me a cab. such a big difference from the past ,when a same query might have resulted in a shrug. You guys are stars.
The hotel is all suites,getting older but I have no complaints.

Room Tip: If you like to gym,stay on the ground floor.Small basic gym.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

First of all the Staff -friendly, accommodating and always available. Great facility too. My grandson left a $300.00 coat there. We called, they save it and we got it back. Bless them all. Everyone looked for it and knew about. We have family there and Philly, but we love to stay in Wilmington. We definitely will stay there again.

Room Tip: They give you what you ask for. The rooms are spacious and comfortable.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Maplewood, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

We stayed at the Homewood Suites this past weekend with our two young daughters and had a great experience. I have found in the past that hotels forget to put the crib in the room until we arrive and so I called when we were two hours away to remind the front desk. The front desk thanked me for calling and assured me he would have the crib put in the room - important since we were arriving way past baby's bedtime. When we checked in I was quite frustrated to find there still was no crib in the room... however, when I called the staff immediately brought the crib up to us. From that point on, our stay was great. The room was spotless and though not a huge bedroom, it was spacious enough for us. The bed was very comfortable, the bathroom set up was great (shower and toilet separate from large counter/sink) and the kitchen was very convenient to have as well. The complimentary breakfast was also very nice - good food and plenty of choices.
Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Huntersville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

Friendly staff. Clean. Good location, only 11 miles from Chester PA. When I travel to PA I always stay at this hotel. Shopping and restaurants close. It's nice to have plenty of room - like the separate bedroom.