Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington - Brandywine Valley
$95
HOTEL DU PONT(Wilmington)
$399
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfull kitchenoutdoor poolliving roombrandywine valleygreat hotellongwood gardenshome away from homefree breakfastred lobsterstate parkshopping and restaurantscomfortable hotelother hotelsshort driverooms are largebusiness tripwilmington area
Reviewed October 19, 2012

This was our first time staying in a Homewood suites chain. we couldn't believe how big & nice & clean the room was. The full kitchen was also a nice bonus. Would definately seek out this chain when looking to book a hotel in the future.

Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

This seems to be a very busy hotel! It is kept well. I am not sure how old this hotel is...it seems a little dated when you first walk in the room, plus the room colors are very conservative...no bright colors ...browns and burgundy...but everything is in excellent shape! Couch seemed brand new even! No signs of any wear and tear...I like that! I also like that the windows open as much as you want!!! They get real high points for that one! The complimentary week night dinner was one of the most impressive for this category hotel! Salad was crisp and very fresh...like it was just picked off the farm! I also liked the fresh baked cake! These little things are greatly appreciated by this "hotel Diva!" I am in hotels every week for business! Check in was smooth and accommodating! They had me in a smoking room...eeewwww...but luckily fixed that huge mistake! Cannot believe they even have smoking rooms. Anyway...overall...this is a definite thumbs up. I would not make this my vacation destination but it works well for business travel! Oh and there are 4 chain restaurants in walking distance.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Stayed again while visiting the gardens. Had a same clean, well-appointed suite with two double beds and sofa -bed in the living room. Great for the family of 4 with two small kids. Breakfast was not as crowded as in the summer even though we had it on Sunday. Easy to get a table. I was pleased that when I asked to make/open the sofa- bed I was told “no problem". During the first stay I was told to open it myself. I wish they have indoor pool like most of the hotels in the area. But the rate was good so we are coming back when we visit gardens again in the future.

Room Tip: Pick the 4th floor to make sure nobody walking on the top of you. Also back rooms have view of the hourse farm.
Reviewed October 17, 2012

This is a nice hotel if you have a car. If you don't you'll need taxis to and from the downtown. We had a 1-room suite. You have a choice of one king or two full size. We have a kid. This means that what we'd really want is a queen and a twin (I prefer my child not have to sleep on a cot). This suite comes with a kitchen, complete with refrigerator and a microwave. Our microwave had not been properly cleaned, but other than that the room was clean and warm.

The breakfast is perhaps slightly nicer than what one would find at the Best Western on 202 down the road. It included waffles, eggs, serials, yogurts, and a small amount of fruit.

The Inn doesn't serve dinner, so far as I could tell, but there's lots of food in the area. The staff was also helpful in locating restaurants.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

We stayed here recently while visiting the University of Delaware for Parents' Weekend. Everything closer to the school was booked. Despite being a 15-20 min drive away I would certainly stay here again. The small kitchen was well stocked with pots, pans, silverware, dishes,glasses, etc. (though we did not find a bottle opener) The room was clean. The beds- including the pull-out sofa were comfortable. I was concerned upon check-in because there seemed to be several large groups staying there but things were quiet for our entire stay.
The free breakfast was delicious and had a wide variety of items to choose from.
The price was very affordable. We will consider staying here again in the future.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Denis D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington - Brandywine Valley, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Thank you very much for your kind remarks. I am glad we were able to satisfy your needs. If we may assist you in future accommodations, please do not hesitate to call.

Best regards,