“Disappointing - try somewhere else.”

Days Inn Wilmington/newark
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I stayed at the Days Inn in Wilmington while I attended a conference nearby. With all the options locally and for what I paid, I would have expected better. The room smelled like a menagerie. The shower turn on knob was broken and the hot water was accessible only sometimes. The front desk was helpful when I left a piece of jewelry there after check out, going to my room to rescue it for me to pick up later. But that was really the only redeeming feature. The outer walkways and stairways were disgustingly soiled as were the runner outside the rooms. For $90 a night, I will stay elsewhere next time I am in town.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
daysinnwilm, General Manager at Days Inn Wilmington/newark, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2014

Dear Diane,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your review. I apologize you stay with us was less than satisfactory. I have definitely looked into the issues mentioned in your review to make sure that none of our other guest have to go through the same thing. I know you have decided to stay somewhere else the next time you are in the area, but It is my hope that you would contact us directly at the hotel instead of using a third party channel next time and give us the opportunity to improve the quality of your stay with us. We appreciate your choice to stay with us in the past and hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

This is a great well maintained hotel especially for the reasonable price. I give most of the credit to the wonderful breakfast gal named Sonal - she's very pleasant and makes sure the food area is clean and food is appetizing. I've been lodging at this hotel for many years when I'm in Wilmington and she is always there in the morning with such a pleasant welcoming attitude. The only reason I did not give 5 stars is bc although the rooms are nice, housekeeping needs to pay more attention to the details of cleaning. Prior to checking out, as I was giving the room a double look over to be sure I don't forget anything - I looked under the bed and OMG...I'm sure no one had vacuum under the bed in months...it was sooo filthy. Most of the stars go to Sonal, the wonderful breakfast girl.

Room Tip: great breakfast
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
daysinnwilm, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Wilmington/newark, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Hello Ms. Dahlicia,

I want to take the time to thank you for your review of the hotel. The breakfast lady, Sonal, is an absolute gem to the company. We are truly grateful to have her here, and it makes me more than happy to hear that she was able to make your trip more enjoyable each visit. As far as the housekeeping staff, I addressed them promptly about this issue, and it has and will be corrected in the future. I apologized that you had to see that. I do thank you again for your review and we look forward to accommodating your future visit.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
daysinnwilm, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Wilmington/newark, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Reviewed May 5, 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed April 30, 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
daysinnwilm, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Wilmington/newark, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Reviewed April 28, 2014