“A room to sleep in”

Days Inn Wilmington/newark
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Wilmington

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The Days Inn in Wilmington, DE is probably not the best place to stay if you have kids. This past Saturday night, there were four State Troopers at the motel for noise complaints. On the first floor there was a room full of black teenagers partying very loudly. This was two o'clock in the morning. They were drinking and cursing outside their room and playing their stereos as loud as it would go. The Troopers shut them down but it started again on Sunday night. Several of them came to the second floor and started talking loudly outside my room. I was afraid to go out and ask them to tone it down. The room was $90 for a room that should have been $39.99. One one good note, Chris, the young man at the front desk was VERY friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet was not to bad. I probably won't stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013
daysinnwilm, General Manager at Days Inn Wilmington/newark, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
I apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay with us. That incident is in no way indicative of a typical night at our property. When the clerk became aware of the situation he did the most reasonable thing to protect all of our guest, himself and the property by alerting the authorities as soon as possible. We try to monitor our property to make sure the careless behavior and actions of others do not invade the pleasurable experience others are trying to enjoy at our property, I am sorry that was not the case on your stay with us. Again my deepest apologies.
Hillsborough
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Shower knob comes off can't take a shower, asked the desk to fix it by the time I get back from a days work, NOT DONE. The key was disabled so i had to go down and get a new key. Since the shower knob was not repaired I had to change out the room at 11:30 pm. Did anyone assist me on the move NO!
Went for breakfast that morning, juice machine out of order place is a mess and eggs that I would not feed to my dog.
It gets better, at check out they charge me a $1.50 per day safe fee, a safe that I did not use. You people need to clean house marketing and operations

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

daysinnwilm, General Manager at Days Inn Wilmington/newark, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
I apologize for the maintenance issues you had on your stay with us. I will address your concerns with our maintenance department. I also apologize for the issue you had with breakfast as we normally get good reviews on our breakfast I will look into what was the issue in your case. The $1.50 safe fee is not mandatory and can be removed if the guest does not use the safe.As I do not have your full name if you contact the hotel I can remove this charge for you.