“The worst experiance”

Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Wilmington
Hillsborough
“The worst experiance”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Shower knob comes off can't take a shower, asked the desk to fix it by the time I get back from a days work, NOT DONE. The key was disabled so i had to go down and get a new key. Since the shower knob was not repaired I had to change out the room at 11:30 pm. Did anyone assist me on the move NO!
Went for breakfast that morning, juice machine out of order place is a mess and eggs that I would not feed to my dog.
It gets better, at check out they charge me a $1.50 per day safe fee, a safe that I did not use. You people need to clean house marketing and operations

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

daysinnwilm, General Manager at Days Inn Wilmington/newark, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
I apologize for the maintenance issues you had on your stay with us. I will address your concerns with our maintenance department. I also apologize for the issue you had with breakfast as we normally get good reviews on our breakfast I will look into what was the issue in your case. The $1.50 safe fee is not mandatory and can be removed if the guest does not use the safe.As I do not have your full name if you contact the hotel I can remove this charge for you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
New York
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My main concern was extra charges. When I checked in I was asked to initial a charge for TV movies. When I told them that I did not want this the desk clerk said he would not charge me for this. However, on check out I was charged $1.00 for this. The desk clerk on duty insisted that the manager required everyone to pay. I also noticed a safe charge of $1.50. When I pointed out I did not use the safe they removed this charge.
While, the charges were smal feel that the room rate should have covered them.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

daysinnwilm, General Manager at Days Inn Wilmington/newark, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
I apologize for the confusion with the additional charges, My staff are trained to explain them at check in to avoid any issues at check out. The $1.00 charge is for access to our television system in which you can watch up to 50 free movies, pay per view television, and regular television including HBO. As you can see we offer a lot for the fee and it is mandatory for all guest, I am sorry it was not explained properly and I will address it with my staff.
Reviewed April 21, 2013

.This hotel is absolutly not confortable, bed is bad and little.
Noise al the night.
The bedroom smelt.
The hotel is expensive for the quality.
Don't go here.
Noise al the night.
The bedroom smelt.
The hotel is expensive for the quality.
Don't go here.

• Stayed April 2013
I apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We strive to make sure every guest has a comfortable and enjoyable stay with us and I am sorry this was not the case in your situation. I am at a lost to know what happened in your case. Please if you can contact me directly at the hotel I will give this situation my absolute focus to rectify this situation.
Brooklyn
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stayed here once before, enjoyed myself, rooms are clean. Would definity recommend great place to stay for price.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

daysinnwilm, General Manager at Days Inn Wilmington/newark, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us we look forward to seeing you in the future.