“Comfortably adequate” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Wilmington
MONTCLAIR
“Comfortably adequate”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Clean and comfortable. Nice hot water. Shower faucet incorrectly installed so took some trial and error to get it right. I personally hate those blower heater/air conditioners but we were finally able to get it at a fairly comfortable setting. Never-the-less, the unit was a bit noisy and the air very dry. The sink area is exposed to the sleeping area which can be disturbing to the person still trying to sleep. Overall, a pretty good value. If we stay in the area again, we'll choose The Inn at Wilmington, just down the street.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

daysinnwilm, General Manager at Days Inn Wilmington/newark, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
My staff and I appreciate your thorough review and evaluation. We are saddened thet the next time in the area you will not be sraying with us, but we appreciated your patronage.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Hungarian first
Canton, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We were in town to see my son for the weekend. When we made the reservation we were a little hesitant on making reservations at another Wyndham Property due to a very ugly stay at a Microtel Inn (Microtel Inn Hillsborough, NC check the review I wrote and thank you Wyndham for taking care of the problem that the owner ignored) The room we had at the Days Inn was brand new (except for the bed and bathroom) we were very happy with our stay..we did have one small problem... Our room was not cleaned one day of our stay but we were quickly given a reduction in the room rate for that night..That's the way it should be done..Take note Microtel Inn!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
daysinnwilm, General Manager at Days Inn Wilmington/newark, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to give us your thoughts. The staff and I truly appreciate it.
Fort Myers, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Our room literally smelt like a zoo. The lights in the bathroom over the sink and counter did not work. The water coming out of the shower was dark brown for about 5 seconds when first turned on. I figured the room had not been occupied for some time. The staff was not helpfull or concerned when I went to the lobby to ask if I could borrow a fan for an hour to get some fresh air in the room. He gave me an empty bottle of apple air freshener to spray and told me to turn on the AC (we turned on the minute we walked in) I told him the AC is not helping the smell and he argued with me about how the AC works. I had to swing the door open and shut for an hour non stop hoping it would help and it did nothing for the smell. After several trips to the lobby and after learning there were no other rooms available and all hotels in the area were full I used my wifes cheapest perfume to try and mask the smell. But now it's 2am and we had a 7am flight to catch in Philly. I got 3 hours sleep that night tasting perfume in the air after I squirt it to try to get rid of the smell. The room was 95.00, I thought for sure they would give me a discount because of the many problems. Nothing...I called the manager after getting home and he said he had the info on his desk. He told me the cleaning staff noticed no smell when they cleaned the room and he would send me an offer for a free night if I would give them another try.I waited a month and got nothing, so I called corporate and got a call from the manager that day with the offer in the mail the next week. They did say the hotel is being remodeled with half already done. We were in room 254 on the second floor, the room closest to Concord pike

Room Tip: I was told they are remodeling, so maybe there has been improvement.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank David B
daysinnwilm, General Manager at Days Inn Wilmington/newark, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
I apologized for the issues you had while you stayed with us. We are udergoing renovations at this time, but that is no excuse we should have provided you a room that was clean and comfortable. we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
FORT MYERS BEACH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

The room was very clean and we left it as we found it. Staff was friendly and suited our needs kindly. We did not take advantage of the complimentary breakfast even though we were there for four days. All in all a decent place to rest up. : )

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

daysinnwilm, General Manager at Days Inn Wilmington/newark, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you, My staff and I appreciate your time and effort in giving your review. We hope to see you again in your travels.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilmington
Inn at Wilmington
BEST WESTERN Brandywine Valley Inn
Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington - Brandywine Valley
Courtyard Wilmington Brandywine
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Downtown Wilmington - Legal District

Been to Days Inn Wilmington/newark? Share your experiences!