“Would do it again!”

Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Wilmington
Provincetown, Massachusetts
“Would do it again!”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

At first I was annoyed that all the pet designated rooms on the ground floor were under renovation. I was therefore forced to take a room on the 2nd floor, lugging my stuff and the Cats' stuff. It proved to be minor and the brand new carpet made it worth while. I was not afraid to walk on it. The bathromm was clean but old.The breakfast was impressive and diverse. The loction was fine, close to food and shopping, but a bit off I 95, It worked for the purpose of visiting my elderly aunt and uncle.
Problem with WIFI so just used the smart phone.
The staff was more the friendly.Slept well! I'd go back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
daysinnwilm, General Manager at Days Inn Wilmington/newark, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Thank you for your comments. You will be happy to know that we will be upgrading the bathrooms also in the near future, we just had a problem with the granite delivery. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us, please keep us in mind for your next visit to the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
COLLINGDALE
Reviewed October 8, 2012

This was supposed to be a comp stay. When I checked out I was charged $1.00 for a "movie beam"...I have never heard of such a thing, and is ridiculous. I watched no movies and resented paying the $1.00 charge. I believe guests are being ripped off. While it is not the amount, it is the point.

Continental breakfast was awful!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

daysinnwilm, General Manager at Days Inn Wilmington/newark, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
I apologize for the confusion, there is a mandatory acces charge to our movibeam system of $1.00 but since your stay was a complimentary stay you should not have been charge. That was not properly communicated to the front desk and for that I apologize. I will rectify the situation as soon as possible.

HAMPTON
Reviewed October 4, 2012

The breakfast was outstanding and the room were extremely clean but there was a slight odor in room. Internet kept downing and speed was slow. Recommend upgrading to a better Internet.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

daysinnwilm, General Manager at Days Inn Wilmington/newark, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you for your response, the management and staff appreciate you taking the time to let us know you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Syracuse, NY
Reviewed September 17, 2012

...a chain hotel has to meet at least some minimum standards. My room smelled heavily of "air freshener" (it permeated my clothes so much I could still smell it when I got back home), the bathroom tub/shower had mildew stained caulking (see photo), the water pressure was low, the footfalls from upstairs were very noticeable, the “neighbors” (non-local construction workers who were obviously there for an extended stay - there were pick-up trucks loaded with construction equipment all thoughout the parking lot) were noisy and were cooking outside with hot pots and electric burners… Frankly (and no disrespect intended), it felt like a migrant workers camp... Can’t say I’ll be coming back… Very disappointing local experience for a national chain with a somewhat good reputation.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
daysinnwilm, General Manager at Days Inn Wilmington/newark, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
I apologize your stay with us was less than satisfactory. We pride ourselves on trying to meet the standaed set by our founder. Mr. Day believed in in a clean, comfortable room at a reasonable price. I see from the photo that cleanliness was an issue and again I apologize. I thank you for bringing this issue to my attention and I will definitely discuss it with the appropriate staff members. We are currently in the process of upgrading our property with all new amenities in our rooms and it is our hope that when we are finished you would give us another try.
East Hanover, New Jersey
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Had a wonderful time at this hotel the staff was friendly and helpful. The Continental Breakfast was delicious had a wide variety of things to eat. Fresh everyday. The breakfast server Abigail Vega was kind, friendly, attentive, always made sure there was food available to the public. I would definetely recommend this place to stay.

Room Tip: We had a room on the second floor facing the highway and really never heard any traffic. They had o...