Days Inn Wilmington/newark
Westin.com
$179
$170
  • Restaurant
Inn at Wilmington(Wilmington)(Great Value!)
$118
$345
$331
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewswafflespotatoesexcellent breakfastdesk clerkbreakfast roomwould stay here againcomfortable bedsconcord mallcereal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Judging from the price of the hotel, I wasn't expecting it to be a Ritz Carlton but I was still disappointed. Our biggest issue was the customer service or severe lack off from this place. I made a reservation with the hotel and asked about early-check in for our arrival date. I was told by phone it was absolutely no problem and that it would be added to my reservation.

We arrived the day of our concert from two hours away in NJ only to be told that no note was ever made on our reservation and early check-in was impossible. The clerk, Kristina, made absolutely no effort to try to help us. We explained our concert was 45 minutes away and we just needed the key for when we returned at 11pm that night. She told us we had to wait until 2 pm just to get our key! We even offered to pay an additional fee and she continued to tell us there was nothing she could do because no one had checked out. We left, drove around the parking lot, and asked people if they were checking out. Several confirmed they were leaving so we returned and asked if we could just have their room, since they were leaving. She then LIED to us and said no one had checked out yet. So we spent 4 hours in the Concord Mall and missed the first half our day.

I know it was not "impossible" for her to help us, just an inconvenience. But when you're a clerk its your job to deal with inconveniences and at least try to help your guests when there was a misunderstanding. She didn't even apologize! She didn't care at all that we were missing our concert because of something HER hotel screwed up. It was very annoying, frustrating and put a damper on our fun weekend.

Kristina wasn't the only lazy person at this hotel. The cleaning crew obviously doesn't work too hard either. We were told we had to wait until 2 pm so they could "clean" the rooms. I certainly wouldn't call the room we stayed in clean. It was so dirty we didn't even tip. There were black hairs in the sink and blood stains on one of our sheets. We will NEVER stay here again and I advise anyone against it.

One upside, the people who served breakfast were very nice. So maybe it was just Kristina who was rude, inconsiderate and incredibly lazy.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
daysinnwilm, General Manager at Days Inn Wilmington/newark, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

I apologize for the inconvenience you suffered while with us. My staff usualy goes above and beyond to try to meet all guest needs. I can only assume that this had to be a sold out weekend not knowing the specifics as we have had many so far this year. On such weekends early check ins are sometimes difficult to accommodate as even though guest check out, rooms do not become readily available immediately due to the housekeeping cleaning schedule. When you originally inquired about an early check in the front desk associate should have informed you that it is an option if we have the availibility not a guarantee. I am sorry for the confusion and the problems it caused. My staff and I sincerely apologize for causing your weekend to be less than you anticipated, as we always strive to surpass our guest expectations.

A TripAdvisor Member
Berlin, Maryland, USA
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Upgraded to business class...very clean and comfortable...suprisingly quiet for easy in and out location...air conditioner a little noisy, as most motels are...great blackout curtains...would highly reccomend to others...

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com
daysinnwilm, General Manager at Days Inn Wilmington/newark, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this survey. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed July 4, 2012

Everything was very good, staff, clean room, value, continental breakfast was very good and interesting because there is a girl who makes waffles. Near commercial zones, so you can make a little shopping.

The price was also very reasonable, my wife and I recommend this hotel. The only thing, is the decoration should be updated a bit and some carpets have to be replaced, but that's it, maybe it was done since we were there.

4/5 for this hotel !

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank belettte
Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

Thank you for you response. We appreciate you took the time to saty with us and review us. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

We stayed here overnight while visiting family combined with sightseeing in Philadelphia. This hotel was easy to get to and 1/2 the price of near by higher tiered hotels. I was worried after reading some of the other reviews. It is not fair to compare this hotel to higher priced places. As a budget hotel, it was fine: clean and comfortable, including the bathroom. Located next to road, so a little noisy in the morning. Wall unit for AC (and heat) also noisy, but this is typical in this level of hotel. Breakfast buffet serving area was crowded...I think this was unnecessary. They could have spread it out a little more. But I would stay here again if I stayed in this area. Nothing to complain about, especially for this price.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 29, 2012

Thank you for your comments. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

We stayed for just one night, we chose the hotel because it was cheap and conveniently located. There are several shops and restaurants located nearby, and the staff were helpful and courteous.

The room itself is exactly what you expect for this price, not epic but perfectly acceptable. Plus points were the new TV with loads of channels, plus superfast reliable Wi-Fi. The room did smell however, and could of done with either a new carpet or a decent air freshener.

Overall fine for the money, if you expect more pay more.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 21, 2012

Thank you for your comments on tripadvisor. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us, but I am sorry your room odor was not satisfactory. We will be upgrading our property soon and all those issues will be addressed. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you in the future.