“It was fine and decent value for price.”

Days Inn Wilmington/newark
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed October 27, 2011

Large room, basically clean, although the non-smoking room still smelled of smoke. Decidedly better than average breakfast--waffles made on the spot by a very pleasant woman, fried rice, potatoes, eggs, breadstuffs, cereals. Desk staff was helpful giving directions. Given area prices, it was a good value, and it was a convenient location for us.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
daysinnwilm, General Manager at Days Inn Wilmington/newark, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to respond to the Tripadvisor review, we know everyone's time is valuable and we appreciate you taking your time to let us know about your service while at our property. We appreciate your patronage and hope to see you in the future.

There are newer reviews for Days Inn Wilmington/newark

Reviewed October 17, 2011

We stayed at this hotel on a road trip from Atlanta to NYC. I made the reservation and got a last minute deal for 4 adults, about 80 bucks but no refund.
Customer service is great, they guy at the reception was really cool.
The room was ok, a little old, bathroom was old also but it was 80 bucks! TV worked fine, temperature was fine, bed was confortable, not dirty. It was a good deal, plus there are a lot of options to have dinner very close from there.
Continental breakfast was better than a lot of expensive hotels i have stayed at, there was only one lady serving but they have eggs and waffles and coffee was good. The dining area is a little dirty but I didn't pay for a resort of course so keep your expectations low.
Philadelphia was 25 minutes from the hotel so we had the chance to visit Philly during the next morning before arriving to NYC.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
daysinnwilm, General Manager at Days Inn Wilmington/newark, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2011

Thank You for your review! We appreciated your stay with us!! Please see us again soon.

Have a great day!

Pearson Williams
Days Inn-Wilmington, DE
(302)478-0300

Reviewed October 2, 2011

We have stayed in this hotel many times. I made reservations on Sept 25th 2011 online at Daysinn.com. I called the Sept 26th at 2:58 pm saying I did not get a confirmation email. The person there name Greg said he would send it. He sent it at 3:00 it was for 2 nights. Fri Sept. 30th and Sat Oct 1 check out Sun Oct 2nd. I called Thursday Sept 29th ask to cancel Fri reservation I would be there Sat Oct 1st check out Sun Oct2nd He said no problem. Sent me another confirmation email. We got to the hotel on Sat night we were told we did not have a reservation at all. Then the girl found one saying we had a no show on Fri. and we were charged for it. She called the manager he said he was there the night of the 29th with Greg and no one called to cancel. But Greg on the 29th canceled my Sat reservation instead of Fri. So it was saying the new reservation confirmation Check in Fri Sept 30 check out Sat Oct 1st. Now if did not call like the manager said how did Greg know to send me another confirmation email. This girl on Oct 1st said she did not even see where I made a reservation for 2 nights. But I have the confirmation email. And phone records of the calls and the times. The confirmation email said we had up to 4pm Fri Sept 30 to cancel. Now the girl said we can not cancel. If that’s so how did Greg cancel a reservation We canceled Thurs Sept 29th at 7:00 pm. We are not paying for someone else’s error they made. Was a big inconvenience to us we ended up driving all the back to PA. Like I said we will never stay there ever again. Please take care of this matter.
Days Inn 5209 Concord Pike Wimington DE

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2011

This hotel was a very pleasant surprise for us. We reserved two rooms for a four day stay. It is an older hotel, but was clean and very pleasant. Flat screen TV and many channels available. A great breakfast is provided and the wonderful, accommodating staff could not have been nicer. The breakfast was exceptional and the lady in charge of the food was so pleasant and eager to please. We looked forward to seeing her each morning. It is in a great location near numerous malls, and has a great variety of restaurants close by. I do not understand some of the negatiive comments regarding this property. We were treated exceptionally well. It was clean, very quiet and in a safe area. I felt this facility was much above the 2-1/2 star rating. It is only a short straight drive to I-95 through very nice neighborhoods. Some folks seem to expect 5 stars for 2-1/2 star price, and cannot be pleased. It was most convenient to where we were visiting and it was very eary to find our way around. We had a most enjoyable stay and will gladly stay here again in the near future. I have stayed in higher rated hotels that were not near as nice.

Barbara Travis, Greensboro, NC

Room Tip: Not a brand new hotel, but undergoing some renovations. Rooms, carpets, bedding, etc., were clean a...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
daysinnwilm, General Manager at Days Inn Wilmington/newark, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Thank you for your review I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed July 18, 2011

This is a horrible hotel. I doesn't deserve the 2.5 star rating on hotwire. I stayed at the hotel for three nights and on my last night a strange man sat next to my room for 30 minutes. i called the front desk and told them i did not feel safe and called hotwire and they called the front desk and the front desk did nothing. i plugged my ears to the Bob Marley songs that raged on in the room next to mine as i tried to sleep with a deadbolt on my door. The front desk attendant, Randall, was unwilling to do anything about it, saying i could call the police but they wouldn't do anything about the strange man sitting outside my room (and the party next door). he said he saw it all on the camera and that it looked fine to him (from the front desk, I presume). Well I told him i did not feel safe. I contacted Hotwire and they were unable to get the front desk to do anything about it.

The worst is, several days later, the GM of the hotel Pearson Williams called me and said he'd reviewed the videotapes and that he didn't see anything that was threatening. Let me tell you, threatening is having a stranger sit inches from your door and talk to you through the door about how much you paid for your room.... The Days Inn Wilmington is appalling and a blight on the Wyndham Chain, I will NEVER stay there and have in over 30 years of traveling, NEVER had such a horrendous experience.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank ncpsw
Reviewed June 14, 2011

After reading the reviews on TripAdvisor, (especially the one about the bed bugs...)I was somewhat apprehensive about trying the hotel, but we took the chance anyway. We were originally slated for a room on the second floor, but when my husband mentioned that he is mobility impaired, we were allocated a "business place room". The room was large, there was a fridge and a microwave, a bag of popcorn, a granola bar, two bottles of water and facilities for making coffee/tea. The bathroom was very basic, but amenities were provided, and the towels more than adequate. The shower was somewhat weak.

We had a king size bed (and, yes, I checked for bedbugs - there were none) with 5 small but comfortable pillows. The mattress was comfortable enough, not first class, but I didn't expect first class. We misunderstood the time until which breakfast was served, so we missed it.

The hotel is located on a commercial strip, so every kind of store and convenience is right there. It was a 10 minute drive from our friends' house, so we'll probably stay there again. If our friends invite us back:)

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 21, 2011

I needed a quiet clean room near downtown Wilmington for a Thursday night and didn't want to spend $100. The reviews here on TA were split. Seemed that there is a quiet side and a noisy side to the hotel. After finding various rates on various sites. I called the hotel direct and they offered to upgrade my room for the same mid-level price. I didn't need the fridge or microwave but they were there.

I arrived at midnight – as I planned – and the desk clerk was very pleasant and friendly. The room was basic Days Inn – nothing fancy – but bed comfortable. Next morning the breakfast (6-9am weekdays was plentiful. The Indian woman makes the MINI waffles for you and there are scrambled eggs, potatoes and vegetarian fried rice. Plus bagels, pastries cereals and juice. Actually more choices than most Days Inns.

As for noise, I heard nothing but the air conditioner.

For the price paid, and not expecting much I was happy.

And Greg – the desk clerk who took my reservation over the phone – and was there at check out – was very pleasant. Hotel is 5 miles from downtown Wilmington,. It was less than 15 minutes even in the morning.

I would return at this price if in the area.

Room Tip: Call hotel direct to request quiet room
Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business