“Excellent stay”

Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Wilmington
Brooklyn, NY
“Excellent stay”
Reviewed August 18, 2007

Just came back from a very enjoyable stay Aug 12th -15th. Rooms were very nice. Staff was very helpful. Baby crib was in my room before I got there. Beds were very comfortable, and room decor was very nice. Perfect for the business traveler or parents staying with a couple of children. I would definitely stay there again

• Liked — Nice and comfortable.
  • Disliked — Location was not the best
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank Tzandbr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
Reviewed July 28, 2007

I stayed on one of the "Club Levels" which means I got a complimentary breakfast. The restaurant in the hotel was good, but overpriced. Hotel's internet was down; and they charge for internet and parking. Staff was great--everyone from the desk to the cleaning people were VERY nice and worked hard to help me have a good stay. If I was staying in Wilmington again, I would stay there again, but I wouldn't make a special trip to stay there.

Stayed July 2007
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 7, 2007

This hotel was a perfect stopover for a trip I was taking down south. I had a bit of trouble finding the property. The underground parking garage has an eerie feeling (but its secure). Check in was fast and efficient. The front desk staff were very professional. I'm glad I was informed of the $15 parking charge before check out time. In my opinion, the price is excessive. The room is a two room suite. There is a large living room and kitchen area. There is also a separate bedroom with a large dressing area leading down a hallway to a big bathroom. Every room was furnished well 9and very clean). The bed was huge and comfortable. Since I booked the reservation on Priceline..the room was a steal. I would have paid a few hundred dollars for the room and experience. Since I was on the 16th floor, the view of downtown Wilmington was spectacular. The room service was very courteous and professional. My meal arrived on time and piping hot. The steak salad was spectacular. My soup was tasty. The $40 bill for a soup and salad was astonishing! Never again! Overall, this hotel, like most Sheratons, was clean and comfortable. The room service food charges are very high. I'd definetely stay there again.

• Liked — The entire roon (especially the bed)
  • Disliked — food and parking charges
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled solo
1 Thank BeachEatSleep
New York
Reviewed May 26, 2007

My club-level room in this wonderfully convenient hotel was one of the loveliest suites I've ever had. Newly decorated in contemporary shades of dark blue, tan and espresso brown both living and bed rooms were open, spacious, clean and bright. The lounge are was large and the complimentary breakfast was well turned out. I was cordially received by the front desk when I arrived; the underground garage was very convenient, safe and reasonably priced; the room service personnel were extremely pleasant and my order arrived quickly and complete! The food was even quite tasty! Over the years I've stayed in many different types of lodging in this area for pleasure. If you are doing mostly the Brandywine area this will not be a great location for you. But if you are there for the city - business or the museums and riverfront, for instance - then I highly recommend this great value.

• Liked — Fresh, clean, stylish, open and bright 2-room suite
  • Disliked — My pet peeve is when hotels make you pay for high-speed internet access. It is just plain greedy.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled solo
Pembroke, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 23, 2007

I was proposing to my girlfriend and chose Sheraton Suites as the place to stay for the night. I got a great deal on the Romance Package. It included parking, 4pm checkout, room service breakfast, and a free bottle of wine with cheese and crackers. I believe I paid $147 for this, total. In any case, I let them know when I booked it that I would be proposing to my girlfriend that night. About two days before the big night, I got a call from Amy at the hotel. I feared that there was a glitch in my plan but it was just the opposite. The hotel was upgrading my room to a higher floor on the corner with a great view, upgrading my wine/cheese/crackers to a bottle of champagne with chocolate covered strawberries, and providing rose petals and a bouquet of flowers. I noted that I was on a limited budget and they insisted that there was no extra charge! I really was in a state of shock that they would do so much extra to make this a special night. In the end, we had an immaculate room that was the epitome of comfort and full of the little extras. The staff even went out of their way to congratulate us as we left the next morning. I was truly amazed. Not only was the hotel amazing, but they went the extra mile and beyond to make this a wonderful memory. I highly, highly recommend this hotel to anyone and if it is a special evening don't be shy about letting them know. Oh, by the way, she did say "yes". =)

• Liked — Service, Staff, Size of Rooms, Ammenities, Location
  • Disliked — No complaints
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Pirate9270
Edgewater, NJ
Reviewed March 13, 2007

I booked this hotel and then just the day before checked TA reviews. I was a bit worried, specially with all the comments on suites not being clean.

To my surprise, the hotel staff was very cordial, very helpful. We had requested a crib for our eight month old son and they had it ready before our arrival. The crib sheets were clean, the rooms were nice and bright and it worked out well.

Stayed March 2007
Boston, MA
Reviewed March 6, 2007

I am not one to fret over trivial items like the view, whether or not the desk clerk smiled, etc--especially when I travel for business as I did here. However, I expect much more from a brand like Sheraton.

The good: Rooms are large suites, comfortable (and fortunately clean) bed.

The bad: Filthy furniture, stained sofa and chairs, stains on what looked like a dingy 40 year old carpet, a greasy film on the desk.

Interent (for a fee, mind you) not working, the front desk gave me a toll free # as it was not their responsibility. I waited 15' on hold with the tech service before giving up.

I got in very late, having reserved several weeks ahead of time. According to the clerk, the hotel was full and I got the last room. The best was not saved for last. And, the hotel's chance to make a good impression on a frequent traveller was lost.

Staff seemed disorganized in the morning, many people waiting 10-15' to check out--I suspect, like me, many had places to be. And, on top of that, I was charged $416 on my bill for a soda (my room # was 416, only thing I could figure). The charge of course was reversed when I pointed it out, but goes to the issue of disorganization.

I won't be back to this hotel and will look for alternatives on my next stay in Wilmington.

• Stayed March 2007, traveled on business