“Excellent Value”

Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed July 6, 2010

this hotel is recently renovated, with a beautiful lobby, nice rooms, and great swimming pool. In certain areas, like the hallways, it could use some more renovating. the suites were perfect for us, with plenty of room, althought the sofa bed was horrible. Service was extremely friendly and made our stay great. the location is right in the heart of wilmington, seemed pretty good to us. overall great hotel!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
JeremyGM, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2010

Dear Yadin,

I appreciate your feedback from your recent stay. We did recently complete a renovation to update the Hotel to Sheraton and our guest's expectations. I am happy to hear our spacious suites and friendly service "made your stay great". We strive to exceed our guest's expectations. Let us know when your travels bring you back to the Wilmington area!

Reviewed July 5, 2010

This hotel sits on the edge of a bad area. A couple of blocks away, we saw hookers as well as gangs of teenagers loitering around around 10 at night. The rooms were nice and big and well maintained. Very clean bathrooms. Two flatscreen tv's in the suites and was very impressed that the crib was already in the room by the time we arrived. Nice comfortable bed. They could amp up the security in the hotel given the location as it's easy to slip into the hotel. They do have precautions like a key card has to be inserted into the elevator to make it work. But we ran into one strange character in the elevator and wasn't quite sure he was a guest as he seemed to be floor-hopping. Take precautions when staying here and use common sense and you should be fine. I'd recommend paying for the hotel parking instead of street parking because the area is pretty desolate at night.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family

Dear Wombatus_10,
Thank you for the feedback on your recent visit. I am glad you enjoyed our spacious 2 room suites. Thanks for letting us know you needed the crib in advance which allows us the opportunity to have it waiting in your suite upon arrival. Since we are located in an urban environment we do have security measures in place to make our guests feel safe while visiting the Wilmington area. Thanks for staying and hope to have you as our guest if your travels bring you back to the Wilmington area!

Reviewed June 27, 2010

won't stay again and wouldn't recommend you send any business execs here. the two girls at the front desk (Rebecca & Lisa) were beyond rude. unfriendly, unhelpful and overall just felt like they didn't want to be there. now everyone has bad days, but for both girls to have such bad client service skills as front desk attendants is surprising. looking at the other reviews i'm not surprised that i wasn't the first one to say this about their service. anyways, the room is a good size but the bathroom is gross. there's actually red marks on the wallpaper that look like blood and there looks to be mold/rot on the ceilings. room certainly has an strange mildewy smell. no axe to grind, just the truth....

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank CSadvice
JeremyGM, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2010

Dear CSadvice,
We appreciate you choosing to stay at the Sheraton Suites located downtown in Wilmington, DE. I apologize if you felt the team at the Front Desk were rude. That is clearly not the normal experience we provide. We certainly strive to exceed our guest's expectations at all times. I can assure you we have fixed any issues you mentioned with your suite. If you business travels bring you back to the Wilmington area, we would welcome the opportunity to prove to you that this is not the normal experience our guests receive!
Best regards,

Reviewed May 5, 2010

Room was decent, pretty good value. Big concern was that i ordered room service saturday lunch and left it outside the door when we were done. It stayed in the hall until Monday morning.
The entire floor stunk. We asked for it to be removed several times.
All in all decent hotel. Nice staff but a bit unorganized. Also internet doesnt work in the biz center.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
JeremyGM, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2010

Dear ray1green,
Thank you for the feedback on your recent trip to Wilmington. I am happy to hear that you appreciated the value you received from our suite property. I can understand the frustration with the room service tray not being picked up. We will review this with the entire team here to ensure something like this is not repeated. I also noticed your comment about the internet in the lobby not working. We do offer the Link @ Sheraton that has computers to utilize and internet connections (for guest laptops) at no charge for guests. I apologize if these options were not working when you tried to utilize them. We hope you will keep us in mind if you choose to return to the Wilmington area!

Reviewed April 24, 2010

I stayed at the Sheraton last month to break up a drive up to NY. I arrived after dark on a Friday night, so it was difficult to get a sense of the location, but it seemed very dead around the hotel. I booked with Starpoints, and was very satisfied with the hotel. The room was very large and had a separate area with a couch and desk. We were traveling with my baby, so the hotel brought us up a crib and there was plenty of space. The room also had an empty fridge, so you can bring some food/drinks if you want. I really wanted a beer, so since they didn't have a minibar, I ended up going down to the lobby bar and bringing a beer back to the room.

My only real complaint is the parking garage. The garage is very tight, and the clearance is VERY LOW. I have a Ford Explorer, and I ended up looking back and forth between my car and the ceiling for several minutes before I felt comfortable that the car would fit. It did fit, but barely, and the parking spaces are way too close together as well. I took up too spaces, as did most cars.

Overall, the hotel was more than fine for my needs, and I will probably stay there again the next time I need to break up a trip.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
JeremyGM, Manager at Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2010

Dear kapy3,
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your stay at the Sheraton Suites Wilmington Hotel. I am glad to hear the spacious suite we offer allowed enough room for you to relax during a long road trip. Hopefully the "Sweet Sleeper Bed" and "Sweet Sleeper Crib" were comfortable for you and your baby. I understand the clearance in the garage (6 ft.) can be a challenge for larger vehicles. On weekends the city of Wilmington offers complimentary parking at all meters which helps our guests with larger vehicles. I hope you had a safe journey the rest of your drive up to NY. We would love to be your Hotel to relax at on your next long drive to NY!

Reviewed March 25, 2010

I traveled to Wilmington for a half-marathon and the hotel was offered for $99/night by the race organizers. The suite was perfect for two single travelers. The sofa was stained as other reviewers have noted, but the room was clean and had a small mini-kitchen. The air-conditioning did not work well, but we opened the window in the bedroom and that was good enough. Only complaint was breakfast at the Basil restaurant on the first morning was the service--miserably slow, which was ridiculous because there were less than 10 patrons in the place! We ordered room service later that day and it was very prompt and the food was good. The location is not fabulous, but nothing in downtown Wilmington appears to be that great. We did walk to dinner the first night and felt safe. Earlier that afternoon, we walked in a different direction from the hotel and that area was very sketchy. Other reviews have complained about parking. We did have trouble the first time exiting the garage--the room key did not work, but that was resolved when we returned at the front desk. The garage is very small and the parking places are not huge. We had a full-sized rental car and had no problems parking. If you drive an SUV it would be tight getting in and out. The front desk was always staffed when we went by and they were very helpful when we had questions or needed directions. We did eat at two great restaurants--Deep Blue Bar & Grill (withing walking distance) and Harry's Savoy Grill (in the suburb, 15 minute drive).

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
JeremyGM, Manager at Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2010

Dear Half_runner,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during the race weekend. I hope you were happy with the great rate that was made available for the runners. I am sorry to hear about your breakfast experience and will certainly address your concerns with the rest of the team. I am glad to hear you gave our Food and Beverage team a second chance by ordering room service (which hopefully exceeded your expecations). It is good to hear you were able to enjoy some of the local restaurants Wilmington has to offer. We would welcome the opportunity to have you as our guest in the future.

Reviewed March 21, 2010

This place is simply aweful!!!! dangerous location I did not feel safe, understaffed, you neeeded a key to get up to your room as a security measure. do not bring kids and come well fed because the food is aweful as well. also do not book a non refundable room !!!! I cannot say enough bad things about the place!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family